Going into MEDBOARD w/ 100% VA P&T

Yes, mine was written up on a Statement in support of Claim.

Click my avatar an then click my messages. You can find good information that I have posted.
Did you mean you had this problem previously, and asked your PEBLO not to file VA claim and attached it as a Statement in support of your Claim?

I did what I thought was best for me and my PEBLO and MSC concurred.
SFC H,
Armyvet73 had a similar situation and he filled out 21-4138 and sent it to MSC

This is what he told me:

Jobey, the form 21-4138 only has the following verbiage pre-filled in it. You just sign and send back to the MSC.

"*************I do not wish to file for VA compensation with the MSC/IDES Program. I am currently SC 100%. Please continue to process my pending 020. ******************************************************************************************"
My questions are:

1- did your PEBLO submitted a similar form to IPEB and sent you a confirmation for that? If not, what kind of forms did you use for that?

2- did you submit this form through your PEBLO or you sent it to MSC only ?

3- did you send this form before signing DA 3947 or after?

4- in your opinion, should I to speak to my counselor regarding this matter before contacting my PEBLO?

Thanks in advance brother

SFC H,
Armyvet73 had a similar situation and he filled out 21-4138 and sent it to MSC

This is what he told me:

Jobey, the form 21-4138 only has the following verbiage pre-filled in it. You just sign and send back to the MSC.

"*************I do not wish to file for VA compensation with the MSC/IDES Program. I am currently SC 100%. Please continue to process my pending 020. ******************************************************************************************"
My questions are:

1- did your PEBLO submitted a similar form to IPEB and sent you a confirmation for that? If not, what kind of forms did you use for that?

2- did you submit this form through your PEBLO or you sent it to MSC only ?

3- did you send this form before signing DA 3947 or after?

4- in your opinion, should I to speak to my counselor regarding this matter before contacting my PEBLO?

Thanks in advance brother

1- Yes

2- PEBL

3- Yes, before

4- Yes

5- Its a stressful time but your not the first

Attachments

• 7E51DB3C-917A-40BB-B6C6-1E1C8170BA23.jpeg
    7E51DB3C-917A-40BB-B6C6-1E1C8170BA23.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
1- Yes

2- PEBL

3- Yes, before

4- Yes

5- Its a stressful time but your not the first
SFC H,

thank you so much for answering the questions above, and sending the copy of 21-4138,
my PEBLO officer has not submitted the package to IPEB yet. I contacted him today and he told me that he will present the papers next Tuesday, and I told him that I would like to send him a document asking not to open the VA file and he said that I can send it to him and he will attach it to the package

Your welcome, send the form to both PEBLO and your MSC, just to cover all lanes.

Your welcome, send the form to both PEBLO and your MSC, just to cover all lanes.
I haven't contacted my MSC before and don't even know who that would be, i just sent the form to my PEBLO and included my military counselor who prepared my ABCMR case so that i can keep him in the loop

I haven't contacted my MSC before and don't even know who that would be, i just sent the form to my PEBLO and included my military counselor who prepared my ABCMR case so that i can keep him in the loop

Don’t worry, that’s both their jobs to make contact with you. (ALSO on the retirement check list).

1- PEBLO makes first contact with SM, and explains, your life is about to change.

2- MSC (mil serv coordinator ) will make second contact, explain this what we have to work with, and if I were you, might consider this route, but I can’t tell you what to do.

This person also schedules and tracks the progress and completion of your new C&P exams (remember, you elected not to receive VA comp). This is where your 21-4138 comes in.

IF you have no MSC, who is submitting your VA exams? Update your PEBLO of this situation.

SFC H,

I will ask my PEBLO this question about who will be submitting the VA exams and who is my MSC,

thanks

Hello,
Does this mean that I’m my PEBLO should’ve included ALL my disability conditions in DA FORM 21-0819? Even it it’s fit? Because I asked him and he told me that in LDES processing we do not include ALL conditions by the law, this form is specificity to include UNFITTING conditions to show it to IPEB,

this is what the physician quoted when I asked this question

“An ABCMR is done through the LEGACY DES process (LDES) not the Integrated DES (IDES) so we only include the conditions that did not meet retention standards at the time of your separation from service. The other three conditions (radiculopathy, TBI, and Behavioral Health) were included for completeness ONLY and to assist the PEB with proper/accurate adjudication of your case. We were not directed to have these three conditions included in the NARSUM and the LDES process does not direct us to include any other conditions in the NARSUM/DA 3947”

Can anyone provide his inputs in this regards please!

thanks

I hope that there will be a good lawyer who I can consult with on this matter. Unfortunately, I have not found anyone yet.
check out Tully Rinkard they have a good track record with helping veterans in your situation. Reasonably priced compared to others.

When you meet with your VA MSC you will have the option of choosing the specific issues you want the VA to re-evaluate, in particular, what the Army has deemed as unfitting.
In the IDES process, you do not have to have every issue you are currently rated for through the VA re-evaluated.

It does behoove you to have the MEB medical doctor take a closer look at your records if you have supporting documentation for other unfitting conditions that may not be on your documentation that initiated your MEB. If there is enough documentation supporting those conditions, they can add them.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Leo
So I have a question. I got 100% p&t with the VA AND 0% dod. I wanted retirement with the Dod but they just recommended separation with severance pay. Don’t know if I should risk my VA rating being reevaluated for 30% dod retirement. I didnt think the dod would rate me 0% at the end of all this for my unfit condition. That being said if I’m dual military and will still receive all base benefits and tricare still with va health care is it worth it to fight for retirement with a VARR Or adding and additional unfit condition ?

So I have a question. I got 100% p&t with the VA AND 0% dod. I wanted retirement with the Dod but they just recommended separation with severance pay. Don’t know if I should risk my VA rating being reevaluated for 30% dod retirement. I didnt think the dod would rate me 0% at the end of all this for my unfit condition. That being said if I’m dual military and will still receive all base benefits and tricare still with va health care is it worth it to fight for retirement with a VARR Or adding and additional unfit condition ?
Well if your spouse provides you with Tricare and you’re already 100% P&T then the only other real benefit I can think of would be combat compensation pay (if you were eligible, received a combat code, and got your application approved). But I went through at 100 P&T. I was already 100 P&T for the one disability that I was referred to the MEB for (I have other disabilities and ratings, but they weren’t what I was being MEB boarded for). I was very worried like you. And all I had to do was to sign a statement in support of stating I am not seeking va compensation and please just rate me for DoD purposes only. Something to that effect. My msc wrote it. He says he has never seen this fail. It worked for me and many others. I was retiried 100 % PDRL and still have my 100% P&T. As a matter of fact I didn’t even have to go to a C&P as the Army accepted my last C&P from the VA. I just had to go to general medical and hearing appointments. Disclaimer; it’s not guaranteed but according to many and how my case went that’s usually the way it goes. Sign a statement in support of and they will rate you for DoD only. Now I’m debating putting in for something I should have long ago. It will enable me to get SMC. But it’s a secondary to my disability that I’m 100 P&T for and I need to thoroughly make sure I can put in a secondary without jeopardizing my 100 P&T. The va already treats me for the disability and has been for years, I just never bothered to claim it as a secondary. It’s chronic headaches and migraines that take me out days at a time. I get bad headaches at least 4-5 days a week. A few migraines a month.

Well if your spouse provides you with Tricare and you’re already 100% P&T then the only other real benefit I can think of would be combat compensation pay (if you were eligible, received a combat code, and got your application approved). But I went through at 100 P&T. I was already 100 P&T for the one disability that I was referred to the MEB for (I have other disabilities and ratings, but they weren’t what I was being MEB boarded for). I was very worried like you. And all I had to do was to sign a statement in support of stating I am not seeking va compensation and please just rate me for DoD purposes only. Something to that effect. My msc wrote it. He says he has never seen this fail. It worked for me and many others. I was retiried 100 % PDRL and still have my 100% P&T. As a matter of fact I didn’t even have to go to a C&P as the Army accepted my last C&P from the VA. I just had to go to general medical and hearing appointments. Disclaimer; it’s not guaranteed but according to many and how my case went that’s usually the way it goes. Sign a statement in support of and they will rate you for DoD only. Now I’m debating putting in for something I should have long ago. It will enable me to get SMC. But it’s a secondary to my disability that I’m 100 P&T for and I need to thoroughly make sure I can put in a secondary without jeopardizing my 100 P&T. The va already treats me for the disability and has been for years, I just never bothered to claim it as a secondary. It’s chronic headaches and migraines that take me out days at a time. I get bad headaches at least 4-5 days a week. A few migraines a month.
Wow ! We’ll wish I would of known this before I made my decision about the VA only focusing on one condition to reavalite my attorney said I was subject to getting my 100% changed with reeval. Also I heard if ur already at 100% don’t even bother. Just keep migraines as a back up if they ever try to decrease your percentage.