good thing or not or VA ratings

BlindinLA

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I made my VA claims May of last year. There was 5 things in total. They have completed 3 of these items to my favor. The two left are for my vision loss and hearing/tinnitus. Ebenefits says they have been deferred. I called the claims department because I was a little confused on some of it. A decision has not been made on them as of yet is what I was told. My big question is, would it be taking this long to make a decision on my vision loss if they was not going to compensate me for it?

Could be that you are being evaluated for special compensation?

Re: “A partial rating decision is a rating decision that provides a decision on some issues of a claim, but defers a decision on at least one other issue, pending the outcome of additional development.”

Often development is gathering additional evidence such as history of the disability and/or testing.

Deferred does not always equate to denial.

Ron

When I called them that is what I told. They are still deciding on these two things. Even ebenefits says it is in review and va.gov says still gathering evidence. I applied for a special housing grant and it says pending for rating decision