Grey Are retiree and the Med Board

I already receive a VA Service Connected 70% rating for my PTSD from my deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. I am currently a grey Area retiree and was wondering that since I am still on the books can I apply for a MED Board to start my retirement prior to 60 due to my VA Rating? Any guidance would be helpful.

I already receive a VA Service Connected 70% rating for my PTSD from my deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. I am currently a grey Area retiree and was wondering that since I am still on the books can I apply for a MED Board to start my retirement prior to 60 due to my VA Rating? Any guidance would be helpful.
Re: "I am still on the books..."

I am not a reserve retiree, but your "on the books" status is apparently retired (not pending retirement), albeit you cannot be paid reserve retired pay until you satisfy the age requirement.

Some other thoughts...
--If you were able to return to a non-retired status and apply for a medical retirement, there is no guarantee that your DoD disability percentage will be the same as your VA compensation rating.
--IF you were allowed to do what your propose, your DoD disability retired pay would be offset (waived) dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received. You would not get any of it back via CRDP until you satisfied the age requirement for reserve retirement. Depending upon the rating of DoD disability retirement, you very well could waive all of that pay...if the VA comp was more.
--CRSC would be a possible option if you were qualified and your application approved. Army applications currently have a 12 month processing cycle.

Ron

No. Also kind of lame in my personal opinion that you would attempt to want to play the system to be medically retired AFTER the fact you have already applied for and were granted reserve retirement. You chose to leave and are being compensated for claimed disability through the VA, don’t try to milk the system after the fact.