Guard and CR

brianwl

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
If a person with their 20 year letter is put through the PDES and put out via Medical Retirement, would he be able to collect CRSC immediately, or would he have to wait until age 60 or 62?

jim1960

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
My understanding is you have to wait until you are 60, as thi sis when you are entitled to your length of service retirement.

golden-ang

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I was the ANG and just outprocessed due to being found unfit for duty with a 20% disability. I am not entitled to any pay or medical benefits from the AF until my 60th birthday. I transferred to the Retired Reserves 30 June 09 and received a "pink card" for ID. On my 60th birthday I will go get a "blue card".

If my disability would have been rated at 30% or higher by the PDES, then I would have received an immediate retirement with all the rights and privileges of any "blue card" retired AF member.

I have not researched the CRSC question at all. I probably should do that. Perhaps one of our more experienced members can weigh in on this question?

I'll be watching for an answer to pop up!
-Colleen

CSM493

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If a person with their 20 year letter is put through the PDES and put out via Medical Retirement, would he be able to collect CRSC immediately, or would he have to wait until age 60 or 62?

Brian,

CRSC is for combat injuries, or did you mean CRDP?

If eligible for CRSC you would be able to draw it immediately after retiring, but you must file for it.

Check the differences in the two programs here New Retired Benefit Programs

CSM

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">