Guess that rating!!

MoparFin

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just saw my CP exam results on Blue Button. Here's what it says for my lower back. Didn't want to post the entire thing, but here are what I thought would be important:

Forward Flexion (0 to 90): 0 to 25 degrees Extension (0 to 30): 0 to 15 degrees Right Lateral Flexion (0 to 30): 0 to 15 degrees Left Lateral Flexion (0 to 30): 0 to 20 degrees Right Lateral Rotation (0 to 30): 0 to 10 degrees Left Lateral Rotation (0 to 30): 0 to 10 degrees

Deep tendon reflexes listed as 1+ Hypoactive for both knees and ankles. Moderate Paresthesias and/or dysesthesias. Mild radiculopathy.

Does the Veteran's thoracolumbar spine (back) condition impact on his or her ability to work? [X] Yes [ ] No If yes describe the impact of each of the Veteran's thoracolumbar spine (back) conditions providing one or more examples: Veteran intolerant of prolonged periods of walking, sitting or standing and no heavy lifting. A light duty job with the accommodation of changing positions as needed for comfort would be feasible and no heavy lifting

Notes from pain management also report difficulty illicting bilateral lower extremity reflexes even with distraction which is consistent with exam today so more then likely normal for veteran to have decreased reflexes.
Veteran has decreased ROM today, note from pain management 10/2018 noted forward flexion to 45 so some limitation of motion may be from pain.
EMG 12/10/2018: acute/subacute nerve root lesion at or about the left L4-L5 nerve root. Acute/subacute nerve root lesion or lesions at or about the right L4 nerve root.
EMG shows right and left lower extremity radiculopathy; right leg is a new diagnosis from last exam and is mild bilaterally.
Current level of severity of lumbar spine DDD with DJD, s/p laminotomy is moderate. The DJD which has been noted on previous xrays was noted as a diagnosis from last C&P exam as well and is related to the DDD lumbar spine

Thoughts?

How do you see your C&P on blue button? I haven't received any of mine yet and i'm already getting 70%

I downloaded all medical files, making sure to include the date that I had the CP. It was done at a VA hospital, so it showed up. If you have a DBQ done by an outside provider, but through the VA, it won't show up.

I downloaded all medical files, making sure to include the date that I had the CP. It was done at a VA hospital, so it showed up. If you have a DBQ done by an outside provider, but through the VA, it won't show up.
Ah yup VA has been sending all mine to outside contractors...

You can request to get a copy of that DBQ. But be prepared to wait. I requested a copy of one in Feb. Still waiting. For a copy of paperwork. Ridiculous.