Has anyone been rated for something that they did not claim?

petdio88

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Question: Say a Soldier claims Anxiety as a result of a traumatic event. The MEB is in the process and still waiting for the NARSUM. If BH and the QTC claims that the Soldier has Depression, PTSD, or whatever, will they add it or replace the claimed mental disorder?

Once narsum comes back I believe you can request those conditions be added.

Question: Say a Soldier claims Anxiety as a result of a traumatic event. The MEB is in the process and still waiting for the NARSUM. If BH and the QTC claims that the Soldier has Depression, PTSD, or whatever, will they add it or replace the claimed mental disorder?
Well, procedurally when in the DoD IDES process since the DoVA C&P Examination(s) is(are) the official medical examination of record for each Military branch of service, the MEB physician is required to include all medical conditions annotated from the DoVA C&P Examination(s) upon final dictation of the MEB NARSUM.

Unfortunately via my experiences with the DoD IDES, the aforementioned requirement was not followed by the MEB physician during the dictation of the NARSUM. Therefore, if this occurs in your particular situation also then it would be in your best interest to submit an appeal while still in the MEB phase of the DoD IDES process. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes

Thanks guys!
Indeed, you are welcome. :) Take care! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Yes, quite often with may diagnosis, they can change over time or depending on the level of trreatment. In these circumstances you may see it written something like "anxiety disorder NOS with depressive symptoms, claimed as depression".

I was rated for a condition that was found during the exams didn't know it until i got my 199 back