Headaches/migraines

SHAY1982

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I received my ratings back today. 60/80.
But I noticed that I was not rated for my headaches. When I asked my peblo about it he said it was possibly because there was not enough evidence. I mentioned the fact that I have been going for treatment since Jan. Not only have I been on new medication but I have also started botox due to them. And I have had them since 2015. But once my back started bothering me the pain in my back outweighed the pain in my head and I started complaining about that more and I already had a hard time getting people to listen to me about that let alone to get them to listen to me about my head. So I went to legal and they made an appointment and told me to bring in all the proof from the neurologist I am seeing now. My this is if they still say it's not on DOD can I still claim it through VA once I am completely out. I want to be able to continue my treatments. I even let my peblo know I started treatments but today when I mentioned it to him he acted like this was the 1st time I mentioned it to him. But I do understand he had a bunch of clients. I just want to make sure I am not missing out on something

What did it say for your migraines on your CP exams did the examiner mention prostrating once a month twice a month.

It says the examiner noted there was no indications of prostrating episodes but did note I was taking amitriptyline for headaches. Medical evidence of record fails to show that this disability has been clinically diagnosed. You treatment records show that you were treated for headaches in may 2013

From what I know they have the tendency to rate you based on how many prostrating migraines you have a month. Check out military disability made easy ...then search migraines on find my condition, it will help you get a good idea of what and hoe they rate may help you with what evidence to submit. The medication may hold weight not sure but I know the prostrating description holds the a lot . Hope that helps

Without prostrating checked you will get no SC or a 0% rating I did and then opened a claim a year later got 30% when it should have been 50% two years later the BVA concurred and granted it.

Follow Attorney Attigs advice on getting the correct rating for your headaches.

Also what's the difference between it being rated under DOD and it being rated under VA?

Typically it's not an unfitting condition as long as you are rated at least 30% from the DoD you are pretty much getting the max benefits. The DoD rating is pretty much locked you can't come back and add conditions later with the VA you can and probably should if you feel it's wrong or inaccurate under the new AMA law you have year to obtain evidence and increase the migraine rating if approved they have to back pay you from the time of discharge. Best to work with an accredited VSO as VA law has big learning curve.