Hearing/PTSD was not evaluated when i went through my MEB/PEB

denyyy

Well-Known Member
Registered Member
HI,
I was medically retired in 2017. When the army retired me they gave me a rating of 40% for my back and 10% for my wrist for a total of 50%. Now i just realized that
even though i was wearing hearing aides and everything that my db's for all levels of hearing are over 80 some in the 90's and 1 is even at 100. and this was from an audiogram
done in 2014 3 years before they retired me. So i guess my question is does anyone know what the retention regulations for hearing are and where i can find them.

I would have thought there would be some clear guidance as to what level of hearing can keep serving and at a certain level they would not retain you anymore, but i cannot
seem to find any clear cut retention regulations for hearing. And i don't know why with my hearing so bad why i didn't get a disability rating from the board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Denis
 
HI,
I was medically retired in 2017. When the army retired me they gave me a rating of 40% for my back and 10% for my wrist for a total of 50%. Now i just realized that
even though i was wearing hearing aides and everything that my db's for all levels of hearing are over 80 some in the 90's and 1 is even at 100. and this was from an audiogram
done in 2014 3 years before they retired me. So i guess my question is does anyone know what the retention regulations for hearing are and where i can find them.

I would have thought there would be some clear guidance as to what level of hearing can keep serving and at a certain level they would not retain you anymore, but i cannot
seem to find any clear cut retention regulations for hearing. And i don't know why with my hearing so bad why i didn't get a disability rating from the board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Denis
The Army didn't consider it unfitting meaning causing you to not be able to do your job and you didn't contest that it would have been added as unfitting. You can claim it for VA disability but I think you would have a hard time arguing it should have been added as unfitting condition if you didn't challenge anything throughout the process.
 
Top