Help Chapter 18 threats

hbsutt

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am currently stationed at FT Gordon. I sustained an injury to my back 2 years ago and I have been on and off profile for that whole time. 9 months ago I was put on the ABCP program. I maintained losing weight until may when I was in a car crash that made my back significantly worse. I then failed two tapes and I was put in for separation in August. I was put in by our flight surgeon for PEB/MEB in September and I just met with my doc yesterday for the first time. Nothing has been sent to legal yet. My 1SG called me into his office and said he is still going to send up my Chapter-18 and wants me to hurry up and finish my SFLTAP to send the chapter up. Is this a thing? Our unit hates anyone who gets PEB/MEB'ed. Any advice?

Seek Legal Counsel, make sure the right thing is done by you and your unit. Document every thing that is happening or has happened in the case that it is needed.

I am currently stationed at FT Gordon. I sustained an injury to my back 2 years ago and I have been on and off profile for that whole time. 9 months ago I was put on the ABCP program. I maintained losing weight until may when I was in a car crash that made my back significantly worse. I then failed two tapes and I was put in for separation in August. I was put in by our flight surgeon for PEB/MEB in September and I just met with my doc yesterday for the first time. Nothing has been sent to legal yet. My 1SG called me into his office and said he is still going to send up my Chapter-18 and wants me to hurry up and finish my SFLTAP to send the chapter up. Is this a thing? Our unit hates anyone who gets PEB/MEB'ed. Any advice?
Command tends to lean towards separation always. They won’t be the final decision. The commanding general decides separation VS MEB. In our unit, the MEB has won every time. This includes a DUI (2nd offense), shoplifting, and failure to adapt. I would agree with seeking legal help immediately just in case.