Help im scared

Earls32

PEB Forum Regular Member
How does this TDRL work I have my frist evaluation board coming up and i dont want to get screwed I was put on TDRL March 12 2008 with 50% I got mutiple Blood clots in my lungs,arms and now I am on blood thinners for the rest of my life and with that it caused cronic anxity and panic disorder which i am on xanax 1mg 4 times aday i cant leave the house or drive without somebody with me because of the blood thinners i cant be out in the sun for to long or i will pass out so my question is how offten do they return people to active duty i am so scared that they are going to take all my benifits away and just give me a severance pay which i dont want I have to see 9 docters on a regular basis and have been hospitalized several times for this does anybody know what the outcome of my case will be i cant afford to see all these doctors if i dont have Tricare anymore and not to mention all the meds i am on sombody please help me through this i am soooooo scared that they are just going to try and pay me off what do i do?

Earls32,

Welcome! I understand the anxiety and concern about your future. As far as your question about how TDRL works, I recommend you read this post, which explains much about TDRL: Physical Evaluation Board Forum - PEB Library - GAO Report on TDRL

Remember, your case outcome will be specific to the facts of your case. But, if you get a bad result, you can demand a formal hearing and present your case. But, given what you have described, it seems highly unlikely that you will not be either continued on TDRL or permanently retired.

Have you gone to the VA and been rated? This can give you an idea of your rating from the DoD and they must consider your VA rating as evidence.

Please let us know any questions and I hope all goes well for you.

I was rated at 0% for the VA because i was not informed of my appts and they said that i did not show up for my appts which i was never notified so now i am going through the process of getting rated through the VA again and everybody knows that the VA takes there time i will not be able to be rated by the VA bythe time i have my TDRL board will this hurt my case? Oh i am also on social security disability through the state of Florida will this help my case? any info will be really helpfull

Thanks

The fact that you are not rated by the VA based on missed appointments should not hurt you at the PEB. The fact that you are receiving Social Security is very helpful to your case.

If you do not have legal representation for your VA case, you may want to consider seeking help. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be able to get rated from your original date of claim or the day after you left service.

I know this system can be intimidating, but you have rights and it sounds like you have a strong case. I think that you should get a favorable outcome based on what you wrote. Keep your spirits up and stay strong. You will likely do well with your case and, if so, hopefully that will give you some help with being able to concentrate on getting better.

I hope all goes well for you.

Thanks Jason I hope this all goes well but I would give anything to have my health back

They should have given you instructions, but I would bring a copy of your entire file from your original PEB, and VA award letters, treatment notes (VA or civilian), your SSI award letter, and anything else that shows your current degree of disability.

If I have to go to the board, I'm bringing you Jason :)

Just a heads up :) LOL