Help - Need to Slow Roll!

DanielleGibson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My case was submitted to the VA on 21 May...I was expecting a minimum of a 6-8 week turn around for ratings and have a few things riding on the fact that my DOS is still technically not until 2022.

The VA closed my case out today. My PEBLO doesn't have my ratings yet.

What can I expect in regards to how long it will take to get orders? Does anyone have any good ideas to slow roll getting my order by just a few weeks? I know this is the exact opposite of what most people are looking for and I am super grateful that my case moved quickly...I just didn't plan for it to move this quickly and now I'm in a rough situation.

You can appeal the IPEB to the formal PEB. You can ask the VA to re-rate one or more of your conditions (VARR). If you ask for a FPEB, you can cancel later.

Thank you! I'm hoping not to appeal...maybe just delay a little bit. How long do you have to sign the AF 356 once it's presented? I heard 10 days. That would even be enough to make a difference for me.

Thank you! I'm hoping not to appeal...maybe just delay a little bit. How long do you have to sign the AF 356 once it's presented? I heard 10 days. That would even be enough to make a difference for me.

Don't quote me on this, but i've heard that once the decision from AFPC Air Force, to either full MEB or return to duty, you have 6 days to either agree/disagree.

You should have a little flexibility on the DOS because they usually allow time for out processing and for you to take leave. Once everything is decided and it comes down to that, if you need the date pushed a little bit, you may be able to work with your local MPF/MPS to have the DOS changed by AFPC.