HELP w PERSONAL STATEMENT

Hello PEBforum mates,

I was informed that I have to do a Personal Statement, does anyone has a template? What format and how complex needs to be? Please HELP me and guide me in the right direction.

Thank you and stay at home and be safe.

There are some good templets out there. Your PEBO can probably send you one. Its normally just an MFR format. You just have to be careful about writing a personal statement to not write anything that can get twisted against you if you end up appealing and going to the FPEB. I wouldn't go to in depth with it. I would just state theses are my conditions this is how the conditions effect my life and then your desired out come.

You just really need your conditions to get to get rated at least 30% on the DOD side to get the medical retirement. You can go on military disability made easy .com and it will break down how the VA rates your conditions. I would use that as a reference to explain why you thing your conditions meets one category vs a lower category.

My current PEBLO is worthless, I have a new lady that took over. Thank you for your help, at least I get a good start.

This was helpful for me as well! My PEBLOs (x2) not been to helpful during my whole process. I have received poor guidance and explanation. I feel rushed when speaking with them and cannot get much out of them. They do work for the MEB but it has been a frustrating and unorganized process for me. Assigned a new attorney for my MEB appeal hearing and the new attorney has provided more information and clarity for me than anyone else. Will write a personal statement and have two battle buddies write statements for me as well in support of my conditions. Praying I received my just dos.

Hello PEBforum mates,

I was informed that I have to do a Personal Statement, does anyone has a template? What format and how complex needs to be? Please HELP me and guide me in the right direction.

Thank you and stay at home and be safe.
you don't HAVE to, in my case my lawyer actually advised against it. Just remember the board members are humans too! they understand you may not be the most effluent person.

Talk to your service provided PEB counsel.