Here is a new one...10% sep w/ severance THEN placed on TDRL 40% 2 months later?!?

Andrewus

PEB Forum Regular Member
Title says it all.

Evidently something changed since my initial findings and I am now TDRL at 40%. I was discharged in Nov. 2007 for Post Concussive syndrome, PTSD, Lumbago and bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome.

DFAS says give me the money back. Well, my new house and a CD is kinda holding it now.

I was at PSD this a.m. and they are clueless as to what to do. I talked to my PEBLO and he said this is a rare case, so rare that he has only seen it happen to one other person.

Evidently some directive just came out that changed my rating. I have not seen the message (I forgot to get a copy from PSD) so anyone know what directive this could be about.

I guess it is going to be fun working with DFAS. I just hope they are reasonable about it.

Here is a new one...10% sep w/ severance THEN placed on TDRL 40% 2 months later?!

You could propose to DFAS that they withhold your TRDL pay until it is all paid up.

Expecting you to sh!t a bunch of money that you did what you were suppossed to do with............secure your future.

I see a call to a congressman in your future, because a mistake on their part doesn't constitute an emergency on your part.

Jason or Ma will have some good advise I am sure.

Goodluck

Stu

Here is a new one...10% sep w/ severance THEN placed on TDRL 40% 2 months later?!

Once PSD gets their side figured out...I am gonna see what DFAS will do. If they want to yank it all ASAP, my Congressman will definitely get a call. Lucky for me my Congressman is VERY pro military.

Thanks for your input. I am hoping to hear from PSD this afternoon or tomorrow to see if they have figured out how to put me on TDRL after I have already been separated.

If they do withhold the TDRL pay it would be paid back by my first evaluation or so if I get around 1200/mo.

I suspect that they would withhold the TDRL backpay & future pay until the amount has been "made up". I would wonder about the double tax. They taxed your severence pay and now they will tax your TDRL pay, that is used to pay back the amount? (Double taxed?)

ummmm

I thought about that Xeno. I have not reclaimed the taxes (which are non taxable) they pulled out of the severance from the IRS yet, boy...I am not doing my own taxes this year.

Here is what I know. A PEBLO told me that the DOD was re-calling Soldiers who were being discharged with PTSD and re-eveluating their cases. I don't know why they are doing this the but it may be better for you in the long run. I am still waiting for my severence pay to hit but as new issues are poping up all the time expect the worst and hope for the best. GOOD LUCK to all of us....