Hi everyone

I’m the new guy and am beside myself with worry. I started IDES and had my appointment at Redstone 9-12 Dec. I’m waiting to hear from my PEBLO about VA appointments in Jan. I haven’t a clue what going to happen. I am AGR and have 17 years 7 months of active federal service, I hit 18 years 15 May 20. 23 years total with my 20 year letter for the guard. PEBLO was telling me I probably won’t get anything for my active service that I must have 20 active to get anything, but I’ll get my guard retirement. I’m 41.

I have a copy of the Dr notes, she wrote two things in bold one was my back with L5-S1 herniation ad DDD. The other was my L knee. Psyche was PTSD/anxiety and major depressive disorder.

Can anyone shed some light for me please?

If you have a 20 year letter, you will be eligible for reserve/NG retirement once you meet the age requirement which is 60 (can be reduced for certain periods of service).

If you receive a DoD 30% or higher rating during your medical board, you will qualify for DoD disability retired pay and TRICARE.

The DoD disability retired pay will be reduced by the amount of your VA compensation, if any.

Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC) might replace some of the lost retired pay mentioned in the preceding sentence. See ---->THIS LINK.

Ron

Thanks Ron. That sheds some light on it for me. I’m thinking real hard about applying for COAD depending on what my results are. I nosed around in this site until the wee hrs of the morning and I don’t have a great feeling about what the outcome may be.

Are you able to discuss your diagnosis at all? What would you like to happen? What does your commander & PCM think about your case?

I’m tricare prime remote, so I have a civilian PCM. All 2500 or so pages of medical records I sent were all civilian. My PCM doesn’t have a clue.

No idea what my commander thinks about it. He’s a COL and knows I’m hurt and I’m certain he will do a favorable memo for me.

I’ll discuss what I know of my diagnoses. I don’t see why I can’t.

Im AGR so I have an RPAM. I need 7200 points to qualify for an active retirement per my PEBLO. I’ll have to pull it up but I’m somewhere around 6500. I’d like to feel good about what’s happening and not feel like my career is being thrown away. All the missed birthdays, family events, being deployed when my dad passed, etc can’t be for naught. Sorry, got on a rant for a minute.

ETA: I’ve hidden all of the migraines, knee, PTSD, anxiety, everything except my back because I just can’t hide it, since 2005. When I got referred for the MEB I started documenting everything.

What do you want to happen?

What do you want to happen?
I really don’t know. I have always looked forward to retirement and having retired pay as an offset so I wouldn’t have to work full time, or if I did, I would be able to do what I wanted to do.

I’d like this to drag out so I can have my regular retirement secured. I didn’t ask for this. I did what I’m supposed to and bam, referred. I teach master leader course, so my job isn’t physically demanding, but my MOS is 11Z, so those standards are what I have to meet apparently.

I really don’t know. I have always looked forward to retirement and having retired pay as an offset so I wouldn’t have to work full time, or if I did, I would be able to do what I wanted to do.

I’d like this to drag out so I can have my regular retirement secured. I didn’t ask for this. I did what I’m supposed to and bam, referred. I teach master leader course, so my job isn’t physically demanding, but my MOS is 11Z, so those standards are what I have to meet apparently.

If you want to start working on recovery and fixing yourself, you should work towards your MEB. That is the most important thing. If you are at almost 2 years shy of the 7200 points and if you have already been referred it would be difficult to drag it out that far. One option you could look into since your current position is not physically demanding is AR 635-40 chapter 6. It talks about getting your commander to approve a COAD (Continuation Of Active Duty). Even if the MEB finds you unfit for service, you commander can allow for you to remain in your position to hit retirement.

I’m the new guy and am beside myself with worry. I started IDES and had my appointment at Redstone 9-12 Dec. I’m waiting to hear from my PEBLO about VA appointments in Jan. I haven’t a clue what going to happen. I am AGR and have 17 years 7 months of active federal service, I hit 18 years 15 May 20. 23 years total with my 20 year letter for the guard. PEBLO was telling me I probably won’t get anything for my active service that I must have 20 active to get anything, but I’ll get my guard retirement. I’m 41.

I have a copy of the Dr notes, she wrote two things in bold one was my back with L5-S1 herniation ad DDD. The other was my L knee. Psyche was PTSD/anxiety and major depressive disorder.

Can anyone shed some light for me please?
How did things turn out?