PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
A little background on myself, Monday I'm going to have my forth back surgery in four years. Per the AFI (Air Force Instruction) I should of already had an MEB submitter due to the fact that I haven't done a full PT test in 2 years. My doc says that I'm not currently stable so can't have an MEB initiated. This is the last surgery to correct my problem the doc said the next step is to install a spinal cord stimulator. Anyway the MEB is inevitable and I plan on hiring a lawyer but don't know if it's worth doing from the get go or waiting until the initial ratings are back. For those that have hired a lawyer what was the cost? I have 17 years in and will not except anything less than retirement. My hopes are to hold out 2 more years before it's submitted with hopes of getting to 20 but I doubt that will be what happens. Just trying to get a jump on this as soon as possible. Thanks for your time.