Honor our Military heroes! - Pass H.R. Bill 303-Retired Pay Restoration Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Subject: Honor our Military heroes! - Pass H.R. Bill 303-Retired Pay Restoration Act

Hi,

I signed a petition to President Donald Trump and The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate, which says:

"To amend title 10, United States Code, to permit additional retired members of the Armed Forces who have a service-connected disability to receive both disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs for their disability and either retired pay by reason of their years of military service or Combat-Related Special Compensation and to eliminate the phase-in period under current law with respect to such concurrent receipt. "

Will you sign this petition? Click here:


Thanks!
 

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
No I will not because this bill does not support Chapter 61 retirees for CR.
 

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The bill was introduced in Jan 2017. It is effectively dead in committee.
 

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Yes, and thus far has been sent to (sub) committee and died. It all boils down to the $ it would cost to implement.
 

Red Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Is it true that it does not Help Chapter 61 with CRSC?
I could not find out any info.
 

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Think it has been out for at least 10 years plus. Hell even AOC has signed off on HR 333 but my good ole Mitch McConnell is still sticking to his guns and unless it benefits himself he will not worry about reading the bill.

I will relook but think I seen it on Congress.gov I stand corrected if I misread it.
 

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I know the MOAA wrote an article about the Retired Pay Restoration Act but not sure if they and any of the other service organizations are trying to help get some movement on it.
 

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Its a lot cheaper just to grant CRDP to Chapter 61 vets that covers you and me and most on this board but surprisingly many do not have a 50% VA rating to receive concurrent receipt.
 

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Its a lot cheaper just to grant CRDP to Chapter 61 vets that covers you and me and most on this board but surprisingly many do not have a 50% VA rating to receive concurrent receipt.
And...the 50% requirement applies to regular retirements too.

I had a VA rating of 10%-40% for several years until I had a combined rating of 50% or more. Coincidentally, I was rated at 50% within months of the approval of the Concurrent Receipt law.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">
Top