How do I calculate my CRSC--Post New Requests at the CRSC Forum of This Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys -- I am new hear and just looking for some clarity concerning CRSC and will appreciate your help. I am currently at the end of my MEB process and my proposed ratings are 80% Air Force, 100% VA. I had two referral conditions (unfitting conditions) that added up to the proposed 80% AF and they are all Combat related. So first -- i am waiting to finally separate from the AF before filing a CRSC... No clue what I may get (10%? 20%? etc.) though I am very anxious to get an idea.

My main question is that I am a prior USMC M1A1 Tank Gunner (2002 -- 2006) who got out of the USMC with a 70% PTSD rating in 2006 and the VA later increase that rating to a 100% in 2008. In May 2012 i joined the AF and today, I have 10.5 years in total. Also noteworthy to state that all my combat related conditions listed above are from my USMC life during the invasion of Iraq. BUT after I left the USMC, i had no clue such a thing existed in the name of 'CRSC'...so, I did not apply.

(1) Just wanted to know if there are any prospects bringing this up to the USMC?/AF?/VA?/etc. to see if I did perhaps left some benefits at the table after my Marine Corps life.
(2) Also wanted to find out if it is within the realm of possibility for a backpay if at all...
Please advise.

There is a six year barring statute regarding claims against the government. An exception would possibly be the retroactive retirement based on a Physical Disability Board of Review (PDBR) decision.

Ron

RonG could you help me with CRSC computation. I tried click on the link but it didn’t work for me.

Gross H3= (E7) I believe $2382
DOD Disablity =70%
TIS 20yrs 1month
VA=100% (4 kids under 18, 1 kid over 18 in school, 1 parent) $100 SMC
CRSC 60%

What would be the best option for me since I will have over 20 years active time. Thanks for all of your help.

1. 2382/0.70 = 3402.86 high three (gross pay divided by 70%)
2. E7 over 20 = 4,676.10

I need your High-36 which is Average of highest 36 months of basic pay

Your high three could not be 3402.86 as an E7, or at least very unlikely.

Please provide the amount of your VA compensation as well if you know it.

In my opinion, it is always best to achieve your regular retirement status @ 20 years. However, I am not a Chapter 61 retiree.

Ron

IF you received a medical retirement AND also qualified for regular retirement. (I am not familiar with the process involved by the service.)

1. Your disability retired pay should be 70% x the average of the highest 36 months of basic pay divided by 36
2. You will waive/lose retired pay dollar for dollar in the amount of VA Compensation received.
3. IF your VA rating is >=50%, CRDP will restore the waived retired pay not to exceed the dollar amount of the longevity portion of your retirement.
4. Any residual retired pay would cause the CRDP to be reduced so that the combination of CRDP + residual retired pay would not exceed the dollar amount of the longevity portion of retirement.

CRSC estimate will be provided upon receipt of high three info.

Ron

Added:
If you just received your regular retired pay @ 20 years and qualified for CRDP (VA rating >=50%), you would receive all your retired pay plus your VA compensation.

Last edited:
High 3 is $2306
That would indicate you are an E3 or E4 after 20 years active duty.

What is your current base pay, $4,676.10? That is the current rate for E7 over 20 years.

Ron

Last edited:
Yes sorry
Then I will use the current pay rate. It should be relatively close to the H3.

Thanks for the info.

I need to switch to my laptop.

Ron

elsereno19,

Guess at high three: $4,676
DOD Disablity =70%
TIS 20yrs 1month
VA=100% (4 kids under 18, 1 kid over 18 in school, 1 parent) $100 SMC
CRSC 60%

Estimate with 70% DoD disability and 20 years AD

1. 4676 x 0.70 = 3273 retired pay @ 70%
2. VA compensation is more than 3273,; therefore all the 3273 is waived
3. 20.083 yrs x 2.5% = 50.2% multiplier
4. 4676 x 0.502 = 2347.35 longevity portion of retired pay
5. 60% CRSC with 4 kids under 18, 1 kid over 18 in school, 1 parent) $100 SMC = roughly 1634
6. Item 5 is less than item 4 = 1634 CRSC
7. You would receive approximately 1634 CRSC + VA comp @ 3000 (plus). Zero retired pay.
8. If you chose CRDP instead of CRSC, you would receive 2347.35 CRDP plus your 3000 (plus) VA compensation (this is best)

----------------------

If you did not have a disability retirement and received a regular retirement:

You would receive all your retired pay (around 2347) via CRDP plus your VA comp @ 3000 +

This would pay you more than the CRSC @60%.
Note: Rounded figures and a guess of H-3 was used. Estimate is based on info provided by elsereno19

Ron

Battle is what we call our counterparts, Friends in the military...it refers to Battle Buddy....appreciate the help.

Ahh...new one to me. Thanks...

Ron

Ron can you help with me with what my CRSC would be please.
E6 highs 3 of 3839.34
14yr 8mon TIS
100% PnT VA
20% DOD
K-1 entitled to special monthly compensation on loss of use of creative organ.
3 dependent under 18, 1 over currently in college.
All service connected
39 months total deployed.

Hello,

One of the primary requirements for CRSC is to be retired from the military.

You mentioned that you have "20% DoD" which is an indication you are not retired from the military (30% is the minimum percentage for a disability retirement).

CRSC replaces some or all of waived retired pay for approved combat related disabilities. No retired pay is waived/lost in your case.

Ron

So no CRDC at all then I take it.
Unfortunately, no CRDP or CRSC in your case.

Both require a military retirement among other requirements.

Regards,
Ron

Hello,

Can someone help me calculate my CRSC?

I have 90% Disability from the PEB, 100% VA, 50% combat related.

I retired as a LTC with $6,800 with a VA waiver of $2,045.

Thanks for your help!

Chris
Hi where can I use the crsc calculator? I was 9 years and 8 months in activitie services Marines. I got medical retired at 100% disable no further examinations required. Could somebody help me? My 100% disabilities are 3,149 dollars a month

Status
Not open for further replies.