How do I calculate my NLT & DOS

Brokin1104

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’m trying to figure out how to calculate my NLT and my DOS? Any help would be appreciated.

Please define your two acronyms.

NLT: Not later than?
DOS: Date of separation?

Just guessing...

Ron

Please define your two acronyms.

NLT: Not later than?
DOS: Date of separation?

Just guessing...

Ron
NLT = No Later Than
DOS - Date of Separation

I'm not sure why you are trying to calculate NLT. Unless you are being assigned to a Warrior Transition Unit, or being PCS'd, I don't think that is applicable.

As for your DOS, several factors go into this. How much leave you have accrued, any PTDY given from the commander (typically 20 days), and the 10ish days they give you for out processing. For example, I had 42.5 days of leave, 20 days of PTDY. They calculated my DOS on 15 November, accounting for the leave I accrue while on terminal, and gave my a DOS of 28 Jan 2020. A total of 74 days.

Hope this helps!

I'm not sure why you are trying to calculate NLT. Unless you are being assigned to a Warrior Transition Unit, or being PCS'd, I don't think that is applicable.

As for your DOS, several factors go into this. How much leave you have accrued, any PTDY given from the commander (typically 20 days), and the 10ish days they give you for out processing. For example, I had 42.5 days of leave, 20 days of PTDY. They calculated my DOS on 15 November, accounting for the leave I accrue while on terminal, and gave my a DOS of 28 Jan 2020. A total of 74 days.

Hope this helps!
I didn't think I needed an NLT either but my PEBLO mentioned it. I prefer not to stand there an argue with them I don't have the patience for it so I thought I'd ask the forum. Thanks

After the PEB determines you are to be medically retired. An order to separate will be generated. Typically you set down with a personnelist who lookat your leave, PTDY, and leave that will be earned will on leave and PTDY. Then you a retirement date is selected. The personnelist will count back to determine your last day at work.

After the PEB determines you are to be medically retired. An order to separate will be generated. Typically you set down with a personnelist who lookat your leave, PTDY, and leave that will be earned will on leave and PTDY. Then you a retirement date is selected. The personnelist will count back to determine your last day at work.
Thanks I'm hoping that last day is before New Year's

You can make your last day happen early if you want. Just say you want to sell back your leave for any days left over past the day you want to get out at.