How do I get on CRDP?

Basednino

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was put on PDRL after my last evaluation with the IDES/Army. Do I have to request it or is it usually done automatically with them sending the results and paperwork to me?

When the PDRL order hits DFAS they will calculate any CRDP due and pay you as such.

When the PDRL order hits DFAS they will calculate any CRDP due and pay you as such.
Hi charlie! What is the retroactive payment about? Is this counting the day I was medically retired from the army or just the first day i was placed on PDRL?

In one of your earlier posts you mentioned, "I was in the same exact boat as you with just 2 years as an 11B."

That remark does not necessarily mean you do not meet the requirements for CRDP; however, the following is provided to ensure you know the prerequisites:
you may be entitled to CRDP if…

• you are a regular retiree [20-year] with a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.
  • you are a reserve retiree with 20 qualifying years of service, who has a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater and who has reached retirement age. (In most cases the retirement age for reservists is 60, but certain reserve retirees may be eligible before they turn 60. If you are a member of the Ready Reserve, your retirement age can be reduced below age 60 by three months for each 90 days of active service you have performed during a fiscal year.)
  • you are retired under Temporary Early Retirement Act (TERA) and have a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.
  • you are a disability retiree who earned entitlement to retired pay under any provision of law other than solely by disability [such as 20-year or reserve retirement], and you have a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater. You might become eligible for CRDP at the time you would have become eligible for retired pay.
In addition to monthly CRDP payments, you may be eligible for a retroactive payment. DFAS will audit your account to determine whether or not you are due retroactive payment. An audit of your account requires researching pay information from both DFAS and VA.

Perhaps you meant to inquire about CRSC.
To qualify for CRSC you must:
  • be entitled to and/or receiving military retired pay
  • be rated at least 10 percent by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA)
  • waive your VA pay from your retired pay
  • file a CRSC application with your Branch of Service
Disabilities that may be considered combat related include injuries incurred as a direct result of:
  • Armed Conflict
  • Hazardous Duty
  • An Instrumentality of War
  • Simulated War
A collection of CRSC info is on the forum at the following LINK to CRSC information and examples. <----

Ron

Oh sweet this is exactly what i was looking for! Thanks ron, all these acronyms are very confusing

Hi charlie! What is the retroactive payment about? Is this counting the day I was medically retired from the army or just the first day i was placed on PDRL?
Did you have 20 years of service?