how long after I sign my 199 wil I be out?

tteal07

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Getting ready to sign my 199 next week 20 and 80 va I have like 10 days leave and am lready done with taps tamps turn in gear ect im ready to be out and i know we get 20 days ptad for involuntary seps. So how long after I sign 199 will my eas post and when will it be? Guesstimate? Im hopeing it posts in like a week and for 30 days out not 90 like some ppl are saying on here. As soon as it posts I wana put in my ptad n leave and get my dd214 and be gone

Last edited:

Combat Eng

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Getting ready to sign my 199 next week 20 and 80 va I have like 10 days leave and am lready done with taps tamps turn in gear ect im ready to be out and i know we get 20 days ptad for involuntary seps. So how long after I sign 199 will my eas post and when will it be? Guesstimate? Im hopeing it posts in like a week and for 30 days out not 90 like some ppl are saying on here. As soon as it posts I wana put in my ptad n leave and get my dd214 and be gone
Once you sign your 199 and come down on orders with a sep date with a week or so. Since your not retiring the process after 199 should be little quicker (less briefs) but usually the sep date is 90 days after you sign 199 so if you 10 days of leave then add 20 ptdy and then 10 days to clear that gives 40 days so guesstimate you going on leave around september october

tteal07

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Crap 90 days!!!!!! No I hope the 40:) so your saying bout a week after I sign my 199 a wek to get back uo to headquarters marune corps a new eas will post within a week? And since I only have 10 days leave and they will take tye 20 days ptad into acount. So tge will automatic lyrics set it for 40 days? Or anyways I can ask for less or? I jusy want the f out ik ready to leave te day after I sign my 199 ya know

tteal07

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Whats your story? How you know this info is acurate ect?

ceilingfan

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Crap 90 days!!!!!! No I hope the 40:) so your saying bout a week after I sign my 199 a wek to get back uo to headquarters marune corps a new eas will post within a week? And since I only have 10 days leave and they will take tye 20 days ptad into acount. So tge will automatic lyrics set it for 40 days? Or anyways I can ask for less or? I jusy want the f out ik ready to leave te day after I sign my 199 ya know
It's up to 90 days. Doesn't have to be the full 90. Having separation orders a week after signing 199 would be pretty quick--possible but quick. I'd think probably closer to two weeks.

Are you happy with the 20% DoD? What's your unfitting condition(s)?

Combat Eng

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Whats your story? How you know this info is acurate ect?
After I signed my 199 I came down on orders within a week which had my retirement date already on it which was 90 days out! It was possible for me to request to change my retirement date close but I had enough leave days to cover the entire 90 days when you add my leave days 10 days PTDY and 10 days I had to clear and leave days I would accrue while on leave!!

Every branch is different so ceilingfan probably is speaking from how his branch works but I know army gives your your date on your orders which is typically 90 days out after signing 199

tteal07

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well im marine and orders dont come down..... you sign your 199 and tgen it goes back up to hq marine corps and they just change your eas. But hey thanks for the input I just want out ASAP

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Well im marine and orders dont come down..... you sign your 199 and tgen it goes back up to hq marine corps and they just change your eas. But hey thanks for the input I just want out ASAP
A branch specific interesting process...

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">