How long does it take the VA to finalize rating?

SSgtFutureCivilian

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you guys could share how long it took the VA to finalize your proposed ratings from the time they received your DD-214 to the time the ratings showed up on va.gov / ebenefits.
My DOS was 09JUN and I was able to access and send to them my DD-214 on 10JUN. I know they have it because I called to verify and my VA healthcare application already went through as well. The only thing is that my claim still says it's being worked on almost two weeks later. Is this normal?

It should probably be within a month.

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you guys could share how long it took the VA to finalize your proposed ratings from the time they received your DD-214 to the time the ratings showed up on va.gov / ebenefits.
My DOS was 09JUN and I was able to access and send to them my DD-214 on 10JUN. I know they have it because I called to verify and my VA healthcare application already went through as well. The only thing is that my claim still says it's being worked on almost two weeks later. Is this normal?
I retired on March 29, 2022, the VA finalized my rating on May 11, 2022 and I got my Award letter in the mail on May 16, 2022.