How long until I am found Fit/Unfit?

goodness... well over a year. I have been to inpatient treatment from December to March. part of that was in Hawaii where im stationed and then I was sent to walter reed in Bethesda.

36 days since my package was sent and I still don't know if im fit/unfit

goodness... well over a year. I have been to inpatient treatment from December to March. part of that was in Hawaii where i'm stationed and then I was sent to walter reed in Bethesda.
If you were inpatient for about 3 months and they don't find you unfit, they're obviously high. lol

It seems like MH MEBs take longer at IPEB boards for some reason. I'm trying not to badger my PEBLO about my fit/unfit decision, but waiting 38 days to see if I have to move back home and apply for college or stay here and suffer through my enlistment is more stress than i can handle sometimes.

If you were inpatient for about 3 months and they don't find you unfit, they're obviously high. lol

It seems like MH MEBs take longer at IPEB boards for some reason. I'm trying not to badger my PEBLO about my fit/unfit decision, but waiting 38 days to see if I have to move back home and apply for college or stay here and suffer through my enlistment is more stress than i can handle sometimes.
Yea that's what im dealing with. not knowing if I will have to find a way to finish out or if im going home. its important for me to know so I can set up continued treatment. I cant allow a lapse because I never want to end up inpatient again. And my doctor said she believes I will be found unfit but added that she has been surprised before

Find your PEBLO's team leader. I didnt get answers until I went to the ombudsman/supervisor level.

That's what I did too. I called my PEBLO's supervisor and asked her to check and she told me I had my unfit memo in there.

if everyone has to go to the supervisor, then whats the point of a PEBLO?

I mean my peblo goes in and out for random weeks and after getting nothing from him for a majority of this entire process I decided to default to his supervisor which has worked well with me. It was the only reason my packet stopped sitting on a desk instead of being forwarded to the PEB.. So I'd say if your peblo is useless a lot or does not answer your phone calls it might be worth trying to call the supervisor.

Quick turn around on your VA ratings Sekrets. Also waiting to sign 199. PEB is taking longer than VA for me.

I'd say if you case is well over the timeline, you have every right to follow up with your PEBLO and if you get no positive feedback, the supervisor. That's what they are there for. Waiting a month to get unfit finding is too long in my opinion. Sometimes you are already found unfit and your case is at VA but if you don't ask (PEBLO), they may not tell you. Its better to ask and be told IPEB is still working on it than be told its sitting on someone's desk.

Yeah, I was waiting a minute...

Sekrets, what were your referred conditions? Mine was submitted the same day... im eager!

My referred are chronic "Achilles tendinitis" and "right gastrocnemius tear with muscle retraction and scar formation"

so I decided to call the VA and they said they have my claim under review. What does that mean?

That means you have been found unfit for one or more conditions. VA only receives your case only if you are found unfit. Your Peblo should be able to confirm that.

Did VA say they received your case from IPEB? You can also confirm from VA the date that your case was received so you know how long you have been found unfit. Did you check your ebenefits to see if there is a second claim open?

PEBLO isn't answering and the VA lady said there is a lag in the eBenefits system.

Did VA say they received your case from IPEB? You can also confirm from VA the date that your case was received so you know how long you have been found unfit. Did you check your ebenefits to see if there is a second claim open?
I guess ill have to call back to find out if they received from IPEB because I didn't know to ask the first time?

Yes I'd call again and ask. That's what I did when I couldnt get a response about fit/unfit from my PEBLO. I called VA and they told me exactly when they received the case so I knew I was unfit, and a second claim also showed up on ebenefits. Peblo confirmed about a week after.

so I decided to call the VA and they said they have my claim under review. What does that mean?
Is your E-Benefits status still the same even though they said it's under review?

yes my ebene still says gathering evidence documents past due

I would ask as they said. My original claim was "under final review" everytime I called until the second claim showed up. When I called yesterday, he said I had an IDES claim open for my back, and it was also under final review.