How much longer do i have to wait and what should I do now?

LejeuneMarine123

Registered Member
My NARSUM, DBQs, and my written statment were all sent up to the VA on Dec 27. Whats the estimated time for them to get back to me about my findings and what should I do while I wait? I've seen that its taken about 2 months for others to get their findings from the VA. Is it just the unfit finding that I get first or is it everything all together including my rating? Any information helps, thank you.

I’m assuming you meant that your package was sent to the PEB, not the VA. If the board finds you fit, they’ll send your results back to your PEBLO without getting a rating from the VA first (since you’re not separating as of then). If the board finds you unfit, they’ll have the VA assign ratings for your conditions, then send everything to you at once when that’s complete. My stuff was sent to the PEB 4 months ago and I haven’t gotten anything back yet. According to my PEBLO’s status reports that the board sends out, my package has been waiting on VA ratings for 2.5 of those months. I’m AD Navy and I’ve heard the process is a bit faster on the Marine Corps side, but hopefully that helps some.

My NARSUM, DBQs, and my written statment were all sent up to the VA on Dec 27. Whats the estimated time for them to get back to me about my findings and what should I do while I wait? I've seen that its taken about 2 months for others to get their findings from the VA. Is it just the unfit finding that I get first or is it everything all together including my rating? Any information helps, thank you.
Also on Lejeune but I'm navy.

Do TRS and actually care about it. the counselors here are great and very responsive to questions and you can learn a lot that will help you prepare for your transition if that's what it comes to. If your command is receptive to helping you you can start VR&E and begin getting the skills you need to succeed in the civilian sector.

I’m assuming you meant that your package was sent to the PEB, not the VA. If the board finds you fit, they’ll send your results back to your PEBLO without getting a rating from the VA first (since you’re not separating as of then). If the board finds you unfit, they’ll have the VA assign ratings for your conditions, then send everything to you at once when that’s complete. My stuff was sent to the PEB 4 months ago and I haven’t gotten anything back yet. According to my PEBLO’s status reports that the board sends out, my package has been waiting on VA ratings for 2.5 of those months. I’m AD Navy and I’ve heard the process is a bit faster on the Marine Corps side, but hopefully that helps some.
So once they decide if im unfit for duty, when do I get my new EAS date?

Also on Lejeune but I'm navy.

Do TRS and actually care about it. the counselors here are great and very responsive to questions and you can learn a lot that will help you prepare for your transition if that's what it comes to. If your command is receptive to helping you you can start VR&E and begin getting the skills you need to succeed in the civilian sector.
I'll be doing my TRS in 2 weeks and I plan to learn as much as I can since I am nervous about getting out. Thank you though

So once they decide if im unfit for duty, when do I get my new EAS date?
PEB finds you unfit -> VA gives PEB ratings for your conditions -> PEB sends findings to your PEBLO -> you sign findings and send them back -> personnel processes you for separation and sends EAS/orders

I can’t give you specific timelines because they don’t really exist unfortunately. I do know that USMC moves along decently fast and will probably have your EAS available within a couple weeks after you sign findings

my stuff was sent to the PEB august 23rd, it was closed by the VA on the website on Jan 9th, still nothing from my PEBLO. Has your case populated under closed on the VA website?

my stuff was sent to the PEB august 23rd, it was closed by the VA on the website on Jan 9th, still nothing from my PEBLO. Has your case populated under closed on the VA website?
I’ve never been able to see anything on the VA website throughout this process. It’s just blank.

I’ve never been able to see anything on the VA website throughout this process. It’s just blank.
they all disappeared in October I think, once they complete it it shows up under "closed". No info though just says they mailed me a packet (which i think they meant the PEB)