script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

How to purchase

Cantwait

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am currently on active duty, I received my proposed ratings but being they are proposed and won’t be official until I’m out. How does everyone go about using this income to purchase a home

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello,

Here is a link to the procedures for obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for a VA-backed home loan.
How to apply for a VA home loan Certificate of Eligibility | Veterans Affairs <---LINK

Eligibility:
Eligibility requirements for VA home loan programs | Veterans Affairs <---LINK

One company that processes VA-backed loans offered, "Military members preparing to retire from service may be able to count their pending retirement income toward loan qualification, even before their retirement fully takes effect. At xxxxxxxx, we would typically need to have your official start date and exact retirement pay in writing."

VA: If you have any questions about your eligibility for a VA home loan, please call your VA regional loan center at 877-827-3702. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.

Ron

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Mortgage companies normally ask for your last three months of pay stubs. I've never been asked if my job status was about to change.

soldieradvocate

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This site has been a godsend while transitioning from active duty to medically retired. Thanks to all of you. Next step is navigating qualifying for a VA Home Loan. I have the COE and am now looking for recommendations for a VA lender. I live in Washington State but am considering moving to Idaho where I hope to buy. Any suggestions for a lender to work with while in Washington?