Humira for psoriasis

J13

Registered Member
Hello,

I've been searching this site looking for similar cases. Unfortunately, all of the threads I've came across are old and abandoned or doesn't answer my questions completely. I decided to start a new thread in Hopes of someone being able to offer some guidance. I'm on flight status and have been diagnosed with psoriasis and some other conditions with psoriasis being the trigger for an meb. Since the psoriasis diagnosis I've been prescribed Humira. This rendered me unable to deploy and required me to seek a waiver to do my job.

Does anyone have a timeline for psoriasis?

Has anybody been medically retired solely because of Humira or any other immuno suppressants?

Any answers or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

colt48

Registered Member
I am am currently waiting on my LAS package decision for psoriasis and being on immune suppresants. My MEB decision was medical retired 30% DOD but I am using my VA reconsideration to try and get that bumped up to 60%.

here is my timeline so far:
19 Apr 18 Code 37
13 Jun 18 PEBLO brief
16 Jul 18 C&P appointments
27 Dec 18 NASRUM incorrect had to be reaccomplished
1 Mar 19 Package sent to AFPC
15 Mar 19 package returned for new CC letter
22 April 19 results from PEB
14 May 19 FPEB results
21 May 19 SAF appeal sent
18 June 19 SAF decision returned
21 June 19 LAS and VA reconsideration documents turned in

J13

Registered Member
I am am currently waiting on my LAS package decision for psoriasis and being on immune suppresants. My MEB decision was medical retired 30% DOD but I am using my VA reconsideration to try and get that bumped up to 60%.

here is my timeline so far:
19 Apr 18 Code 37
13 Jun 18 PEBLO brief
16 Jul 18 C&P appointments
27 Dec 18 NASRUM incorrect had to be reaccomplished
1 Mar 19 Package sent to AFPC
15 Mar 19 package returned for new CC letter
22 April 19 results from PEB
14 May 19 FPEB results
21 May 19 SAF appeal sent
18 June 19 SAF decision returned
21 June 19 LAS and VA reconsideration documents turned in

Thanks for your response! It's good to hear that they retired you. I'm currently hoping for the same outcome. Did the VA originally come back with 60%? How long have you been in service? I'm just under 10 years so I'm not sure if retirement is on the table for me. My psoriasis is considered severe.

colt48

Registered Member
The VA originally came back with 30% which is still retirement. I have been in a little over 16 but as long as you get at least 30% DOD you will get medically retired.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">