Hurry up and wait?

Hello everyone! I’ve been reading forums on this page for a while now and finally decided to make an account to post my timeline and some concerns I have.

Nov 2020- MEB initiated
Jan 2021- Exams Complete
March 16- Got Narsum (IMR)
March 31- Signed updated Narsum and sent to PEB.

Now my concerns are
1) I checked the CMS dashboard and it’s showing 40 days for the IPEB step. The other 2 steps underneath haven’t populated yet. I feel as though this is a long time for one step because reading other people’s posts about there dashboard and the highest I’ve seen on IPEB step was 30.

2) I’ve reached out to PEBLO and Supervisor for updates about 2 times now since the PEB package was sent. No response.

Has anyone had similar wait times on the IPEB step? Is that site even accurate?

TIA and have a good day!

Hey Limbo, Can you post your CMS and redact your personal info? Sometimes its easier to see it as you and I have similar referred conditions it would be cool to see the screen shot
Oh I see that yours just started last month so you aren’t at the PEB yet. I would count on about 7-8 months until you’re done completely. Here’s my timeline but everyone’s is not the same…..

Nov 2 2020: MEB initiated
Mid November: Filled out VA claims
Dec-Jan 25: QTC Appts
March 16th: Received NARSUM
(Legal said for me to disagree and do a rebuttal and an IMR to add Radiculopathy as unfitting)
March 30th: Got new NARSUM with Radiculopathy added as unfitting. (Both doctors agreed it was unfitting based on medical history and QTC exams) Signed that day.
March 31: Got email from PEBLO saying that my package was sent to PEB.

Been waiting ever since

Are you on a government computer? I cant log on at home I can only do it on a DOD computer. Im waiting on one more exam then MEB results/Narsum so Im not to the PEB yet. I just noticed in one of your comments you had back issues. I hear the PEB sometimes says the back is unfitting and sometimes not (according to what i have read from people on the site). I was just curious if they did find yours as "unfitting" condition. Trying to get a general idea.

Are you on a government computer? I cant log on at home I can only do it on a DOD computer. Im waiting on one more exam then MEB results/Narsum so Im not to the PEB yet. I just noticed in one of your comments you had back issues. I hear the PEB sometimes says the back is unfitting and sometimes not (according to what i have read from people on the site). I was just curious if they did find yours as "unfitting" condition. Trying to get a general idea.
Yes I was at work when I tried and the site was just down I think. And they don’t do unfit memos anymore. BUT….. apparently if the PEB sends your stuff to VA DRAS for ratings, then you were found unfit. My PEBLO is the one who told me I was found unfit because my packet was at DRAS for ratings. Otherwise they would’ve made their fit decision and sent it right back to PEBLO.

As far as fit/unfit: I guess it depends on your job/grade/duty description. Me being a mechanic/wrecker operator with a messed up back kind of explains the unfit decision. Whereas a 42A or an Admin job might not. But I’m not a doctor lol. If you would like to post your back problems for people to give you an idea or for future people to get an idea then go ahead. It would be hard to give you an opinion otherwise.

33885528-C8F3-41D5-9ACF-4329F4D6D57E.jpegHere’s my dashboard. Hopefully this is wrapped up soon. But it looks like I have at least 13 more days to meet the Army average. It’s been 11 weeks since my package was sent to PEB.

So got a little update from PEBLO. She said that my 199 was in signature on 11 June. She made a tracker to track all cases and the 199’s have been hitting her inbox no more than 10 days after. So fingers crossed for next week. Also…… I asked her if she could tell me my rating. She was able to pull up my VA stuff and said that I got 20%(back) and 10% (left sciatica radiculopathy) which are my reffered conditions. Now my concern is she said 20+10 doesn’t always equal 30, so I should expect a severance. But it does. It equals 28% which would be rounded to 30. Am I missing something?

20 and 10 equal27 or 28 which rounds to 30. So.... I’m not sure what the peblo is saying.

Screenshot_20210616-195751.png
That is from the disability calculator found in the resources section of this site. This is a very handy tool

Now my concern is she said 20+10 doesn’t always equal 30, so I should expect a severance. But it does. It equals 28% which would be rounded to 30. Am I missing something?
Your PEBLO has probably seen times when things "pyramid" and don't actually add on each other. Your situation should NOT be this way and you should expect 30% based on what you have told us here.

So an update and a lot of weight lifted off of me. Today, 22 June my PEBLO told me my 199 went into distribution status (why the hell are there so many steps to this madness). I asked if she could see my 199, and if so then what’s the outcome.

DOD 30% Permanent/ 70% VA

Lets gooooo. She said 199 should be in her inbox in 1-10 days so I guess we will see. I’ll update once it’s official. It’s been 12 weeks since sending to the PEB.

I got my 199 today. 30% Permanent retirement. It took 84 days. Was told that my separation memo should be here Friday.

54 days on IPEB step on CMS. Let’s goooooo ladies and gentlemen. I am probably breaking records out here. PEBLO or supervisor don’t answer emails or calls. Hopefully it updates to something tomorrow because apparently it updates at midnight on Mondays? We shall see.
Im on almost 90 days waiting on the PEB

How many referred and/or VA claims do you have?
I appealed to have a condition added through the formal board process, all together I think 23. 22 of them have already been rated, just needed a rating on the added condition. No idea why it would take this long.