script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Hypotrophic Cardiomyapothy

Reggie Corbett

Registered Member
I'm a GA National Guardsmen and in 2020 while on COVID orders I attended SRP and I was diagnosed with Hypotrophic Cardiomyapothy. I had an irregular EKG was told I had to see the provider. He asked had I had an irregular EKG before. I stated that the year before (2019) I was told that my EKG was irrregular but the tech stated it was probably the machine, cause it's been acting up all day. So I was directed to the next station. Back to 2020 SRP, the provider pulled the previous EKG and compared it to the current and immediately stated I had an Enlarged Heart from comparing EKG's from 2019 and 2020. He stated and I should see my PCP asap and have all organs tested. PCP test were the same, referred me to a cardiologist, which referred me to another cardiologist which finally stated I nedded an ICD. Had the surgery in December of 2020, enter Chapter 3 phase January 2021. June 15, 2021 I had a MDRP interview, I'm told I have one options now Retirment Reserve without compensation because I have less than 15 years... unless I can provide an LOD. Heeelp? Anyone one with any suggestion?

Provis

I'm a GA National Guardsmen and in 2020 while on COVID orders I attended SRP and I was diagnosed with Hypotrophic Cardiomyapothy. I had an irregular EKG was told I had to see the provider. He asked had I had an irregular EKG before. I stated that the year before (2019) I was told that my EKG was irrregular but the tech stated it was probably the machine, cause it's been acting up all day. So I was directed to the next station. Back to 2020 SRP, the provider pulled the previous EKG and compared it to the current and immediately stated I had an Enlarged Heart from comparing EKG's from 2019 and 2020. He stated and I should see my PCP asap and have all organs tested. PCP test were the same, referred me to a cardiologist, which referred me to another cardiologist which finally stated I nedded an ICD. Had the surgery in December of 2020, enter Chapter 3 phase January 2021. June 15, 2021 I had a MDRP interview, I'm told I have one options now Retirment Reserve without compensation because I have less than 15 years... unless I can provide an LOD. Heeelp? Anyone one with any suggestion?
How long have you been in? How many good years do you have? I am just trying to see if you can stall to get to 15 years or if you are too far out. Lastly, getting a LOD is going to be hard if not impossible but I would fight like hell to obtain one. Since your diagnosis is thought to be genetic this is going to be an uphill battle. The key words you want from doctors is that the National Guard permanently aggravated this condition during a time when you were called up to active duty by the Federal Government.