I didn't think I had PTSD now what?

Skeert

PEB Forum Regular Member
So I was sent to the MEB for an injury and I was just looking at my medical records and the Phyc. rated Fails retention standards on my 3349? I have not done my NARSUM yet and am wondering what is going on. I didn't know I had the "PTSD"
So is this going to be a rated condition? And if so can the Army still rate me for my injures? I was counting on 30% or over for the injures for permanent retirement. Now with PTSD I will have temp retirement, am I going to have to go through all the tests for my injury again in 6 months? And is there any chance for permanent retirement for my injures?
I hope this makes sense.

Help please Jason! or anyone else that knows how this works.

So I was sent to the MEB for an injury and I was just looking at my medical records and the Phyc. rated Fails retention standards on my 3349? I have not done my NARSUM yet and am wondering what is going on. I didn't know I had the "PTSD"
So is this going to be a rated condition?
You will be in a better position to know once your NARSUM is done. If it fails retention standards, is a profile limiting condition and you have at least a P3 in the S series, and your commander agrees that it significantly interferes with performance of your duties, then the PTSD will likely be unfitting.

And if so can the Army still rate me for my injures
? Yes.

I was counting on 30% or over for the injures for permanent retirement. Now with PTSD I will have temp retirement, am I going to have to go through all the tests for my injury again in 6 months? And is there any chance for permanent retirement for my injures?
I hope this makes sense.
Remember the 50% temporary rating for PTSD is the minimum. If they find your condition stable and at 50% or more, then they can rate you at that level for a permanent retirement (I am not saying this is likely, just a possible outcome). But, if you are on TDRL, at your re-examination, they should evaluate your entire condition.