I disagree with VA findings...Now what?

138MISFIT

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What happens if I don't agree with the VA Rating. It seems they didn't take into account my ROM and none of the ratings seem to match up with the VASRD. Did they combine them? What the heck?

What happens if I don't agree with the VA Rating. It seems they didn't take into account my ROM and none of the ratings seem to match up with the VASRD. Did they combine them? What the heck?
If you mean within the IDES system, your remedy is to request a VA Rating Reconsideration Request (VARR).

As to whether "they combined them" it would take reviewing the decisions to figure this out.

(Note that if there are conditions you might think are unfitting but were not so found by the PEB, my general opinion is to request the VARR as the last step in the appeals process. That is, just appeal and seek the most unfitting conditions through the service processes and then, once you have a final determination within the IDES process, request the VARR.

Ok so get my DOD rating then request VARR? I'm expecting to be meeting with my PEBLO in the next 2 weeks for the rundown.

Also, I know I asked this earlier, but, the 2 conditions that triggered the PEB(SHOULDER 30%, KNEE 10%) will they equal a 30% DOD rating with the PEB board?

I don't know exactly what is going on with your case. So, I can only speculate and provide input on what you state.

Ok so get my DOD rating then request VARR?
Well, if you don't have your DoD rating, then you don't what conditions were found unfitting. So, I don't know whether you should appeal to the Formal PEB before potentially requesting a VARR. |
Like I said before, generally, you want to pursue whatever unfitting conditions you are contending before requesting a VARR.
Also, I know I asked this earlier, but, the 2 conditions that triggered the PEB(SHOULDER 30%, KNEE 10%) will they equal a 30% DOD rating with the PEB board?
I am not sure where you are getting these percentages from, but, if these conditions are unfitting and rated as you stated, then you will get a 40% DoD rating (30% leaves a remaining 70%...the additional 10% would be added to the 30%, resulting in a 37% rating, rounded up to 40%.).

Thank you. Here are the ratingsIMG_7893.JPG

What does the acronym VARR mean?

What does the acronym VARR mean?
Indeed, no worries! As previously stated by @Jason Perry above, VA Rating Reconsideration Request (VARR). Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I recommend reading up about VARRs, there are a few examples on this site. It will help you get an idea of what has worked for others.

A VARR is an option while in the IDES process.