I need help, please!

Josh4013

Registered Member
Hello, my name is Joshua and I am an E-5/2nd Class Petty Officer. I have been in the active duty component of the Navy for almost nine years. My last active duty command was overseas and while I was stationed there for shore duty I started gaining weight and before I knew it I had two PRT failures looming over my head. I managed to save myself when they changed the regulations for the PRT for January 2016 and finally passed and got my two PRT failures condensed into one. I eventually opted out of the active duty component in March 24th, 2017 and transitioned into the Naval Reserves.

After that I was waiting for nearly a month and a half for them to contact me about when I was supposed to show up for my first drill weekend because my transition was supposed to be seamless; When in fact it was not. I was calling the Jacksonville, FL NOSC for information since it was the closest one to where I live. However, I was told that they knew nothing about me and that I should wait for an email that was supposed to have my orders in them. I never received that email still to this day.

Instead, I get a call from a Chief who asks why I’m not present for Drill Weekend and this was in the middle of April 2017. I explained to him that I haven’t even received orders yet and he tells me to go up to the NOSC in Jacksonville anyways to attend Reservist Indoc and these classes were on the 22nd and 23rd of April. So, I go to these classes and all seems to be going well.

During the time-period from when I arrived home and taking this class, I had put on a few pounds from my parents’ home cooking. Well, anyways, at this class I find out that they are doing the PRT for the Spring Cycle of 2017 and that my Active Duty failures had carried over. Also, during this time they rushed me and everyone else through a hasty medical examination to undoubtedly ensure we’d be able to take the PRT for that cycle and this was on the 23rd of April 2017.

Anyhow, I ended up failing the BCA with a 44 inch waist. This happened at my temporary command on the 10th of June 2017 and was told to take the PRT the next day on the 11th of June 2017. For the actual fitness-test I actually did Good-Low for the bike, push-ups, and sit-ups. Well, July 23rd at one of my last Drill Weekends, I was told to sign my Page 13 for my second PRT Failure and that I would eventually have a Medical Board.

During that time before my BCA measurement I had been working out and dieting and was originally at a 50 inch waist. I managed to get it down more since the physical test and I currently have a 39 inch waist. I have been working hard to get back into standards in the hopes that the Medical Board might give me a second chance. I just have a few questions concerning this Medical Board though. Firstly, what should I expect for this Medical Board and is there anything I can do to prepare for it? Also, is there anything else I can do to help myself to see if I can try to stay in? Is there anything else I should know about the board that could help? Or is it already too late for me?