I need help with the PDBR and Army timeline

ArmyGuy619

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Long story short... Applied for PDBR on 10 June 2015. Received letter Dated 5 Oct 2015 that case was sent to Army. I have not heard anything since. My address has not changed, nothing on the PDBR site (that list the cases), tried calling 703-325-0834 and even sent numerous emails to PDBR and the Army yet nothing. I have checked the Ebenes stuff (tricare) and nothing has changed. This is getting bad. I thought the Army has 120 days to approve or deny. But over 15 months and still nothing...
Any other contacts you all might have. I am currently 100% by the VA (80% with IU) so Im not going for the money aspect of this. But TriCare is far better than VA health system.
Thanks

Long story short... Applied for PDBR on 10 June 2015. Received letter Dated 5 Oct 2015 that case was sent to Army. I have not heard anything since. My address has not changed, nothing on the PDBR site (that list the cases), tried calling 703-325-0834 and even sent numerous emails to PDBR and the Army yet nothing. I have checked the Ebenes stuff (tricare) and nothing has changed. This is getting bad. I thought the Army has 120 days to approve or deny. But over 15 months and still nothing...
Any other contacts you all might have. I am currently 100% by the VA (80% with IU) so Im not going for the money aspect of this. But TriCare is far better than VA health system.
Thanks
Did you try the 703-784-9308/09 number.
Also how long was your packet in the review process?

Your case went to the Army in 2015 or 2016? It says 2015 but 4 months for records gathering and the board to meet and decision to be made and sent to the military is definitely not typical! Most spend nearly a year in just that process. And yes it says the Army has 120 days but if you read other's timelines I do not think 1 person has received notification from the Army in the timeframe. My process was two years and 4 months from application to receiving pay from DFAS.

Are you sure the letter said it was sent to the Army?

Yes I am Really sure it was sent to the Army in 2015

Attachments

• [dbr.docx
    75 KB · Views: 70
Your case went to the Army in 2015 or 2016? It says 2015 but 4 months for records gathering and the board to meet and decision to be made and sent to the military is definitely not typical! Most spend nearly a year in just that process. And yes it says the Army has 120 days but if you read other's timelines I do not think 1 person has received notification from the Army in the timeframe. My process was two years and 4 months from application to receiving pay from DFAS.

Yes it was received on Jul 2 2015 and put into the system on Jul 9th 2015. I already am guessing it was no change (even though the VA rated the issues I was med boarded for at 30% yet the ARMY gave me 0% during medboard)....Again my address as not changed at all in over 2 years

Yes I am Really sure it was sent to the Army in 2015
No it was not sent to the Army. The letter states it was sent to the PDBR. Which then waits for the file to be reviewed. A decision is made. That decision is approved. Then it is sent to the military. That process is about 12-16 months.

That was one of the letters I received. I talked with someone in the ARBA who said they received it in OCT 2015. They have no timeline for when the Army will make a decision as some people are still waiting over 3 years. I am laughing at how many people have really no knowledge on this process.....It would seem that every single case has no timeframe to be completed and no case is the same.

This is why this is all so confusing. I got an email from the PDBR stating that they had sent a recommendation on 11 Nov 16 and that once it was received by the secretary of the Army DDA they would have 45 days to render a decision and 10 days to notify me after that. Now, I emailed the ARBA and they are saying they haven't received a packet on me. Well the dang thing was sent on 11 Nov 16. We can get information back from Mars quicker. I think it may be time to call a congressman or something.

This is why this is all so confusing. I got an email from the PDBR stating that they had sent a recommendation on 11 Nov 16 and that once it was received by the secretary of the Army DDA they would have 45 days to render a decision and 10 days to notify me after that. Now, I emailed the ARBA and they are saying they haven't received a packet on me. Well the dang thing was sent on 11 Nov 16. We can get information back from Mars quicker. I think it may be time to call a congressman or something.

I'm in the same boat you are in my case was sent the say day as yours and I still haven't heard anything yet

You all won't hear anything for about another month or more. When they send the file to the Army it is not input in a system because there is nothing to input. Once the secretary or their designated authority signs off on a decision they send it to the Army board who then inputs in the system and processes it for notification. Depending on the decision they process the next steps required.

Well I contacted my Congressman Duncun Hunter about this whole fing process. Showed him the whole process. He is currently writing a memo to the president elect and is asking for a congressional hearing about the problem in which I will be called as a witness. I doubt the Army will change my stuff as the MedBoard rated me 0% but VA gave me 30% (and now more 2 years later). But I think if everyone did more than just write on a blog (IE talk with congress members, senators or even write a letter to the president (which I did for my VA case dragging there feet but magically after receiving a presidential inquiry it was completed within 2 months) then maybe more can happen.

Has anything changed? I cannot believe they have waited this long. Even the USMC acted quicker than that.

You are also eligible for retrograde Tricare...which can be important if you or you family has paid out expenses. For example, I had insurance, however my co-pays were in the tens of thousands. After about 10 months of searching, I figured out whom to contact to get the claims in, however YOU ONLY HAVE 1 YEAR TO MAKE A CLAIM.
Did anyone (or does anyone) have any issues with this, like I did?

In your opinion, is it better or worse the longer it takes to hear? I'm currently at 2 years and 3 months since I received the initial letter that they received my info. The last reply I got from them was that it was in adjudication. Docket numbers all around mine are starting to be posted to the page, but not mine. The wait is starting to get frustrating.

In your opinion, is it better or worse the longer it takes to hear? I'm currently at 2 years and 3 months since I received the initial letter that they received my info. The last reply I got from them was that it was in adjudication. Docket numbers all around mine are starting to be posted to the page, but not mine. The wait is starting to get frustrating.
Following

The fact that you are STARTING to get frustrated is super impressive. I've only been waiting since Feb 2017. I have been frustrated a few times during the process, but I really don't care anymore. I just want the process to be over.

Best of luck

Does anyone know how the adjudication phase work. I received this email yesterday and I'm a bit confused.
Good Morning,

Your case is in the Post Adjudication phase.

When we receive your application, our Central Intake Unit (CITU) will confirm your eligibility, then they will begin to request copies of your VA medical and rating documents as well as your service Physical Evaluation Board related records. They will send you a letter letting you know these processes have started. This record collection process normally takes about 12-18 months. Once compiled, your case will be sent to the PDBR Board for review and (YOUR CASE IS HERE) adjudication. Finally, the Board's recommendation will be sent to your Service Secretary's designated decision authority for final action. Because of our detailed level of review, this process may take as much as 30 months.

This is following the previous email from July that states ,"
Your case has completed its boarding process and has made a recommendation to your Service. Once they review and make final action they will notify you. This can take 90 days.

Respectfully,
Physical Disability Board of Review

Can someone help me understand this?