I Never received a DD-214

flahertk

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
In March of 1990 I was discharged for Asthma. I never received a DD-214/medical record but my POC is asking about my military service for my clearance. I am trying to figure out where to locate my service record since its most likely on line.

I've been able to download a copy at milConnect: Benefits and Records for DoD Affiliates

If you don't have an account, there is a "new user" link on the upper right.

You should already have a login/password if you use DFAS and the VA website using a DS login.

Under the "Correspondence/Documentation" tab, select "Defense Personnel Records Information System" (DPRIS). From there, select "Personnel File" and then "Request My Personnel File." You'll then be able to select DD214/215 and "create and send request." The system will send you an e-mail when the file is ready to download.

does anyone know how to access the HR Group VIA CAC login, Is this a location to access all my files? Thanks for the quick response

does anyone know how to access the HR Group VIA CAC login, Is this a location to access all my files? Thanks for the quick response
This is part of the path for CRSC @ HRC:

HRC (Army):

Path

1. HRC Homepage

2. "My Records"

3. Login with DS password

4. Click "Reserve/Retiree/Veteran

I understand that this might not be what you are needing. I did not include the "CRSC portion".

Ron

Thanks, I have found my DD214, But it doesn't say anything about being released on a medical. I have no benefits or eligibility, but a long list of trips to the doc after basic 30years worth. I never had any issues prior to joining. Any suggestions on how I should proceed from here?

Thanks, I have found my DD214, But it doesn't say anything about being released on a medical. I have no benefits or eligibility, but a long list of trips to the doc after basic 30years worth. I never had any issues prior to joining. Any suggestions on how I should proceed from here?
Do you have your separation/discharge orders? That might have the info you need.

The term, "Chapter 61" in your documents would confirm the medical aspect.

Does your DD 214 from 1990 have a Separation Program Number (SPN number)? It would be in the bottom portion of the DD 214.

Ron

Separation Authority: AR 635-200, PARA 5-11
Separation Code JFT

That converts to:

JFT – Unqualified for Active Duty – Other

It does not seem to indicate for medical reasons, which have multiple SPN codes.

Ron

My drill sgt. said to never tell anyone that I was in the military so I went on at 18 years old believing him. I wanted to continue my services but the doctor said I had Asthma at the hospital and said "there are alot of things you can do in the US military but you cant have Asthma". The next thing I knew I was RFT and sent home. It was devastating to me. I never had any lung issues prior to enlisting and was an athlete playing many sports with 0 issues.

My drill sgt. said to never tell anyone that I was in the military so I went on at 18 years old believing him. I wanted to continue my services but the doctor said I had Asthma at the hospital and said "there are alot of things you can do in the US military but you cant have Asthma". The next thing I knew I was RFT and sent home. It was devastating to me. I never had any lung issues prior to enlisting and was an athlete playing many sports with 0 issues.
You can read of the provisions of AR 635-200, para 5-11
at Separation, Chapter 5, Administrative Discharge <---LINK (this is a form letter, rather than the actual regulation).

Here is a link to the 2010 version of AR 635-200: https://deploymentpsych.org/system/files/member_resource/AR 635-200.pdf <---

It appears they did not separate you for asthma...JMO.

Ron

See your mailbox for an extract of 5-11, AR 635-200. Please note that some changes have likely been made since 1990.

Ron

I am sorry that you received an inadequate briefing about your discharge.

Ron