I was hoping this never came up... but it did

fr0sty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Ok, so some of you know my whole story, some don't...

Seeing I'm currently waiting results from IPEB, whats the worst case senerio they can do to me if I fail another PT test?

Over the span of 2 years, I've failed three... I opened my email this morning, and guess what was waiting on me. Yup, a PT test. Currently I can tape only. I'll fail that test before I even get my shirt off...

That will give me 4 (four) fails within a 24 month period. That's grounds for separation. However, I know while going thru an MEB, they can't take adminstrative action against you. So, whats the worst thing I can expect from all of this??

BTW, a little more background... when I failed last year, they took a pending promotion away and gave me a referral EPR. Matter of fact, I should have sewed TSgt on a few months ago, but now this Monster is back and I'm not sure how to battle it again...

braveheart112702

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Why are you doing the PRT if your on your Med board??? Did the PEB accept your findings??? If so you shouldn't have to worry about the PRT. You may have to do a Med Waiver but nothing else should be required of you. I don't know whats going on with you but if you can run then you might have to run it. To my knowledge, you shouldn't have to worry about PRT when you're on the Med Baord.

Ok, so some of you know my whole story, some don't...

Seeing I'm currently waiting results from IPEB, whats the worst case senerio they can do to me if I fail another PT test?

Over the span of 2 years, I've failed three... I opened my email this morning, and guess what was waiting on me. Yup, a PT test. Currently I can tape only. I'll fail that test before I even get my shirt off...

That will give me 4 (four) fails within a 24 month period. That's grounds for separation. However, I know while going thru an MEB, they can't take adminstrative action against you. So, whats the worst thing I can expect from all of this??

BTW, a little more background... when I failed last year, they took a pending promotion away and gave me a referral EPR. Matter of fact, I should have sewed TSgt on a few months ago, but now this Monster is back and I'm not sure how to battle it again...

ferkyferk

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
NVM, You must be AF. I am in the same situation as you. Waist only. Failed the last one, its my first failure. What you are stating about not having admin action taken against you is from the new PT reg, which starts 1 July. The old reg has nothing. I have tried to fight my failure with no success because it is not 1 July yet.

fr0sty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Yes I'm Air Force...

I am due for my annual PT test in the month of April, thats why I have to do it. I can only tape, no running, no push ups, no crunches. I'm trying to get it overturned where I can do crunches. If I do crunches and knock out 48 of them (which I can), I will pass the test. Of course being exempt from running, and pushups that is...

So, do I have an arguement here? Do I have to do the PT test? If you've got some insight, I'm all ears!!!

tmo232

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Yes I'm Air Force...

I am due for my annual PT test in the month of April, thats why I have to do it. I can only tape, no running, no push ups, no crunches. I'm trying to get it overturned where I can do crunches. If I do crunches and knock out 48 of them (which I can), I will pass the test. Of course being exempt from running, and pushups that is...

So, do I have an arguement here? Do I have to do the PT test? If you've got some insight, I'm all ears!!!
What does your 422 have on it? I had to go to the doctor 3 times and get my Chief involved to get it right. Keep voicing that you can do crunches. In the PT program the intent is for you to do as many components as you can.

fr0sty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Currently the 422 says "Tape only".

I asked my UFPM if they could send up a new one with my request of doing crunches. Of course, they blew me off... So, I got my Flight Chief involved. It helps that I work directly for him, so he knows my whole story...

He said to be patient and see how it comes back. I guess if it's not right come test day, I'll refuse to test!

dubber25

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Your PCM has to make a recommendation to the base WarFit monitor (the person that takes the 469 and issues the 422[I might have those forms backwards]). Either way, your PCM is the one to talk to.

fr0sty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Dubber,

I tried calling this morning to talk to them about changing my profile, of course, they said if I wanted my DLC changed, I had to schedule an appointment. I said sure, lets make an appointment...

"How is April 23rd sound"? Uhhhh no, I test before that... "we'll sir, thats all we have to offer you"

So, as you can tell, I'm banging my head on the desk.... people either don't care, or can't figure out how to listen. It's quite annoying!

rowleycf

PEB Forum Regular Member
Fr0sty,

If you can get an appt for the 23rd, then on the Fitness Screening Questionnaire, answer Yes to the first question and identify that your next appointment is on the 23rd. They won't be allowed to test you until you've been to the PCM. I had to do this for my asthma, as I was waiting to get exempt from the run and they were trying to test me prior to the profile working out. They absolutely cannot test you if you need an appt with the PCM. Hope this helps.

rowleycf

MJstariha

PEB Forum Regular Member
How about calling your PCM's nurse or go to sick call. I also think in the AFI that as long as you test in that month you would be good to go. Talk to your flight chief and have him/her or both of make an appointment with the commander. Since this is a commander's program I do not see why the CC wouldn't work with you. The commanders I've worked for would gladly allow the member a little extra time in order for you to pass. It looks bad on you, the FPM and the unit when the Wing king sees failures. I would almost bet you commander would be willing to work with you until you see you PCM and get the 469 changed. Just some things to think about.

breamo

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Yea man I totally agree with the others, on the questionaiire (which has to be filled out I believe 7 days in advance..or atleast it does at my base) just put you need to see a doctor, and they MUST NOT test you until you get that taken care of.

I knew you were AF Since our PT is more important than anything else that we do....
I am somewhat in the same boat, I have a fusion next Thursday but my unit is pushing to PT test me...which I will Fail. Luckily I have a civilian boss who is fighting for me...she uses the common sense rule and she is awesome!
Good luck to you man!

fr0sty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
You know Breamo, my wife made a comment last night that I had never really thought about...

She asked "Why does the AF care more about PT, than fixing broken jets". I couldn't answer her... I said, I don't know, it's part of the changes. She said, "Thats stupid, when we go to war, it doesn't matter if you can run a 8 minute mile, but it matters how fast you can get a jet in the air, right?"

Now, don't get me wrong... she's been a military wife for almost 13 years, but I've sheltered her. I keep her away from the poltical BS that seems to revolve around the AF. It's just funny, an outsider looking in sees what the priorities are, although, the AF doesn't.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">