IDES - AF Timeline & VA C&P Exams

Update - my constant calls and emails have been noticed. PEBLO just called and told me he spoke with VA IDES supervisor and to stay next to phone as they are scheduling all of my appointments at the local VA instead of QTC. He said its possible they could be tomorrow (not hopeful) but "very soon". MAY 1 sep/ret is a no go, but he said JUNE or JULY is possible which means I may not have to turn down this amazing job opportunity if I can get the company to work with me! Let's see what happens now...

eodpete, do some research on "DoD Skill bridge." It's a program that allows you to take an extra 120 days of permissive TDY for things like internships and job shadowing. I'm not sure it will work for your specific scenario, but worth looking into.

@maderaid I've looked into Skill Bridge and it could be a viable option once I have a DOS.

Update:

FRIDAY: I was told by my PEBLO that the IDES VA supervisor was scheduling all of my appointments at the VA downtown.
MONDAY: Once again, PEBLO reached out to VA and they said they were scheduling all of my appointments downtown the VA
MONDAY 3PM: Received an email from QTC with an appointment for 26 MAR for hearing and nothing else. I guess one is better than none
TUESDAY: PEBLO sent email to gov email stating the VA reached out to QTC and they would be scheduling the rest of my appointments by Friday and if they didn't, let him know.

He said he’s never seen the VA operate this way and doesn’t know why they are now using QTC which worries me because I’ve heard horror stories about how long they take to send info back to the VA.

Does anyone know if I can contact QTC directly and see what their deal is?

@maderaid I've looked into Skill Bridge and it could be a viable option once I have a DOS.

Update:

FRIDAY: I was told by my PEBLO that the IDES VA supervisor was scheduling all of my appointments at the VA downtown.
MONDAY: Once again, PEBLO reached out to VA and they said they were scheduling all of my appointments downtown the VA
MONDAY 3PM: Received an email from QTC with an appointment for 26 MAR for hearing and nothing else. I guess one is better than none
TUESDAY: PEBLO sent email to gov email stating the VA reached out to QTC and they would be scheduling the rest of my appointments by Friday and if they didn't, let him know.

He said he’s never seen the VA operate this way and doesn’t know why they are now using QTC which worries me because I’ve heard horror stories about how long they take to send info back to the VA.

I got several different phone calls, you got one so the rest will come shortly. I had a good experience with QTC, only waited a week for all of the results after I did all of my appointments. Granted, they were all across town and one was 2 hours away, but worth it since the response was so quick.

I think its hit or miss with QTC. They got all my appointments scheduled quickly but took 6 weeks to return the paperwork from thos exams to the VA. I think in general though it's usually pretty fast.

Just got off the phone with QTC.

Have all my appointments scheduled from 3/22 - 3/27!!

Thank god!!

Did you fill out all of the QTC paperwork and bring MTF docs to appts? There's alot of info here to fill out, again.....

Did you fill out all of the QTC paperwork and bring MTF docs to appts? There's alot of info here to fill out, again.....
I just filled out the paperwork that they mailed me. They will receive your record before the appointment so you don't need to bring anything other than the paperwork.

Ok thanks - I'm going to print out the important docs for each condition just in case they don't read the 1000+ pages of med records...

Ok thanks - I'm going to print out the important docs for each condition just in case they don't read the 1000+ pages of med records...

Go to those appointments fully prepared because those QTC contracted providers usually do not go through all your medical records that the VA will send them before your appointments. More so, most of the questions they'll ask you will be from the questionnaire so ensure to go through each of them before every appointment. DO NOT FORGET to bring all the medications (as well as all medical equipment and machines) you are currently using for all the conditions you are claiming so that the provider can see them and document them appropriately. After you've completed all your C&P exams, call the QTC office and inform them of the need for them to send your exams results to the VA ASAP. I did that with them, and they were kind enough to send all my results to the VA the day after my exams were completed.

Good luck with all your appointments.

Update:

I just wanted to let you know that you don't need a DOS to participate in several of the internship type programs. There's a special program for members going thru IDES, thru the Employment and Education Initiative (E2I) and Operation WARFIGHTER (OWF) programs. Refer to DODI 1300.25. If interested I'd be happy to provide more information.

I just wanted to let you know that you don't need a DOS to participate in several of the internship type programs. There's a special program for members going thru IDES, thru the Employment and Education Initiative (E2I) and Operation WARFIGHTER (OWF) programs. Refer to DODI 1300.25. If interested I'd be happy to provide more information.

I would love to get more info on those programs. I went to the education office and they told me they couldn’t do anything for me until I had a DOS. Especially since I have a feeling that this is going to take longer than my PEBLO is saying.

I would love to get more info on those programs. I went to the education office and they told me they couldn’t do anything for me until I had a DOS. Especially since I have a feeling that this is going to take longer than my PEBLO is saying.

The same thing happened to me, I went to A&FRC to try to participate in the Career Skills Program, and they told me I couldn't participate because of going thru the medboard process. But they didn't provide me any type of alternative or information on these programs. It was thru networking that I found out about the E2I program, it was actually a company who told me about the program and gave me POC information.

I wasn't eligible for the Air Force Wounded Warrior (AFWW) program due to my medical conditions not being severe enough for that program, but you do not have to be in that program to participate in E2I, just enrolled in IDES.

There are some general e-mail addresses listed on the attachments, but most likely your POCs work in the same office as the PEBLOs, or the PEBLOs should have their contact info for your regional coordinator. So I'd reach out to them to see if they can provide you the regional POC for your location.

I am starting a 60 day internship on April 1st with Accenture, doing IT Project Management, that I am super excited about. Just minutes ago I received notice from my PEBLO that she has my C&P results (last exam was 21 Feb w/ QTC), and I'll get those Thursday afternoon. (Apparently they meet a "board" that's held here weekly at my location), so that's where I'm at in the process.

Attachments

• DoDI 1300.25.pdf
    119.8 KB · Views: 24
  • E2I Factsheet - 29 Jan 19.docx
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • OWF Factsheet 29 JAN 19.docx
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Thank you very much - I will get in touch with the POCs.

I just had my last C&P exam yesterday with QTC and it went much better than I exepcted. The doc who examined me said she would be shocked if I didn't get 100%. I'm hoping QTC and the VA will release the exam info asap so I can get on with my life.

Yes, I was assigned one through base and she filed everything on JAN 15. I spoke with my PEBLO a few minutes ago and apparently the VA is having issues with the contractors who are supposed to be scheduling these appointments. Other people who's claims were filed in JAN are starting to get appointments and he said he would call over to the VA supervisor who handles all the IDES claims to see if he could jump-start something for me. This is supposed to be a streamlined process but it's driving me nuts! I have not seen anyone else's C&P timeline on this forum stretch out as long as this. I'm just praying that once they are done, the rest of the process will hit the targeted time lines so I can move out to Dallas. I'd hate to turn the position down, only to be out in time.

I have another guy in my shop who filed on his own online and he had appointments 10 days later. I'm starting to think the lady who filed my paperwork screwed something up...

The guy that filed on his own, was he going through a medboard or just getting out?

He was one of our guys getting out and going reserve. His process went extremely quick but they stalled it when they found out he was back on active orders. The process won’t continue until he’s off orders again.

Dang I’m going through a med board and saw this post. I’ve got new reps assisting me on the VA side of things. Was hoping to just file all my stuff myself in ebens to help speed up the process

I wanted to do that too but if you’re going through IDES, the MSC will have to file it for you. I’d recommend just staying in constant contact with your PEBLO and MSC every week and keep hounding them to get your stuff pushed through. They can’t do much on the VA side but they can make phone calls which can help sometimes.

Update

4/9/19 - QTC finally sent my exams back to the VA and after calling the PEBLO, he was able to pull my exams and forward them to my PCM for review and to update to my NARSUM. Hopefully it clears the local MEB in the next week or two.

Anyone have a timeline on this stage? How long it took you to go from local board to AFPC?