MikeNally

Registered Member
Timeline so far

Sep 22 diagnosed with bipolar II
Jan 6 notified of MEB process through MEB Doc
Jan 10 initial counseling with PEBLO
Jan 30 Mental Health C&P
Feb 1 general C&P

Since my MEB has started, it has been going fast. Does anyone have any insight on how fast it will continue down the pipeline with this given information?
Does anyone have any testimonies with skillbridge or VR&E while doing through a MEB? Thank you.

Hey! I’m also diagnosed with Bipolar II and required a MEB for it. My PCM referred me to the medboard August 31st and now 6 months later I’m just waiting on my ratings. I’m also enrolled in VR&E and I have an appointment to chose a college and get started sometime this month. Good luck

Hey! I’m also diagnosed with Bipolar II and required a MEB for it. My PCM referred me to the medboard August 31st and now 6 months later I’m just waiting on my ratings. I’m also enrolled in VR&E and I have an appointment to chose a college and get started sometime this month. Good luck
Did you do any skillbridge program? Can VR&E be conducted while still on active duty? Thanks for your reply!

Did you do any skillbridge program? Can VR&E be conducted while still on active duty? Thanks for your reply!
I was told I was not allowed to skillbridge due to the medboard because I don’t have a date of separation. My first sergeant and the education center told me this. VR&E I think I have to wait to get out first

You can do VR&E while going through the IDES process once you’ve been found unfit! I’m doing it now and still active duty while waiting on VA ratings.

I was told I was not allowed to skillbridge due to the medboard because I don’t have a date of separation. My first sergeant and the education center told me this. VR&E I think I have to wait to get out first
I am currently doing a CSP; I am still awaiting my Narsum too. Your 1SG is not educated on this is all. I would go see your local TAP; the CSP coordinator especially. Worst case if your 1sg makes an issue; contact your Garrisson CSM is what I would do. He should be educated on this; maybe even your local Ombudsman.
(I have 24 years active service for reference)

Has to be local or online while still active
Do you have a reference for where I can go to find more information on doing VR&E while still active?
Does this give you duty exemption status in the way that a CSP of Skill Bridge Program does?
Wanting to get started with VR&E but still waiting on ratings.
Thanks

I’ve been initially approved for VR&E. There’s several steps involved. The first is completing the application online. Soon, you should have a VR&E counselor reach out to you. There’s a ton of paperwork you have to fill out and and send in before you initial interview. There’s a lot of testimony on this already. Reddit was my go-to for expectations etc. Because you are going through IDES you application is automatically approved. However, I still needed to show during the interview that my plan was one the counselor would agree with. Once everything is finalized you sign off on it. I haven’t done that yet but will be doing so soon. To answer your question in regards to its comparison to Skillbridge I can tell you for me their is none. I’ve been approved to get my bachelors paid for. This however, is not going to allow me to be a full-time student while avoiding my duties in the Navy. Though you can technically begin using it while still going through IDES I expect to be out the Navy by the time I begin. Best of luck to you!