IDES/MED

InjuryWing

Registered Member
On jan 3rd 2019, I was informed by my pcm that I were being referral for MEB for my shoulder, prior to me leaving the hospital he said that he had already sent my referral to the ides clinic here on Bragg, and I should receive a phone call in a few days. Few days has passed going on almost two weeks now and no call yet, my CDR and 1sgt keep asking me about it, so I went to my unit aid station to get proof that the ides referral was in and approved on the 4th so they could get off my back, and I inform that that yes everything my pcm told me was in fact true and that I'm still waiting on a phone call. question how long it usually take to receive said phone call and start the process, im currently less than 180 days from my ets date when I was told about the MEB. and I already prepared to stay here at Bragg all while longer to MEB.

Oxymoron

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You can contact your OMBUDSMAN, so they can poke or prod someone at the MEB to process the case. Most larger Army Bases have several of them. They represent you if something isn't happening like it's supposed to or you were wronged. You can probably google them. The Ombudsman will tell you if you should just sit tight.

The way mine worked at Carson is my P3 profile was initated. Then the MEB representative contacted me to come in. There I had to fill out a paper explaining in my own words to the MEB what my injury is and why I do or do not think it's hindering my continued service. Then that packet went to the MEB. This all happened within days, not weeks.

Bragg could just be dealing with a lot of cases. I can't assume one way or the other if that is normal for Bragg. The could've had cases pile up over the holidays which is completely understandable.

InjuryWing

Registered Member
Im still waiting on my P3 profile, I went from being a P2 for years then after my surgery temp profile with a P2 now solely on my P2 since my temp profile ended jan 1. if my unit wasn't so antsy I could sit and just wait for the call. I assumed they are busy with the passing holidays and whomever is playing catch up right now before processing new cases but I saw something on my medical notes that someone agrees with everything and I should be processed that was on the 7th, due the nature of my injury and that I can no longer perform as a soldier haven't been able to wear gear or hold a weapon even through I have broken my profile years.
I will try calling if nothing happens in the next week or so just to double tap.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">