IDES P&T question

Peraltaaa12

Registered Member
Gurus, I have a question for those that have gone through the IDES process. BLUF: when you signed your 199, was it clear whether or not you were 100% P&T?

Bckstory: I just got my proposed ratings back on Friday. 20% DOD / 100 % VA. I am going in Tuesday morning to sign my 199, and am not sure if I’ll be told whether or not it’s P&T now, or if I have to wait till I have a DD-214 in hand and an actual award letter instead of a proposal?

Thank you!

26 Aug 2018 - diagnosis of type 1 diabetes
06 Mar 2019 - redeployment
15 Apr 2019 - claim initiated
11 Jun 2019 - PEB Unfit finding
27 Aug 2019 - claim closed on VA.gov
30 Aug 2019 - Received 199 on digits
03 Sep 2019 - will be signing 199

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Reading through the proposed VA ratings in the PEBLO's office did NOT specify if ratings were temporary or permanent. Since I was 100% PDRL, I ASSUMED my VA ratings were permanent. It goes without saying, I got schooled. It took 8 months to get the VA to change 5 temporary ratings to permanent.

mixed.soulja79

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Gurus, I have a question for those that have gone through the IDES process. BLUF: when you signed your 199, was it clear whether or not you were 100% P&T?

Bckstory: I just got my proposed ratings back on Friday. 20% DOD / 100 % VA. I am going in Tuesday morning to sign my 199, and am not sure if I’ll be told whether or not it’s P&T now, or if I have to wait till I have a DD-214 in hand and an actual award letter instead of a proposal?

Thank you!

26 Aug 2018 - diagnosis of type 1 diabetes
06 Mar 2019 - redeployment
15 Apr 2019 - claim initiated
11 Jun 2019 - PEB Unfit finding
27 Aug 2019 - claim closed on VA.gov
30 Aug 2019 - Received 199 on digits
03 Sep 2019 - will be signing 199
Look for that verbiage on the back of your proposed ratings. If it says that, then it’s P&T.

That’s what I was told. Good Luck.

Attachments

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Very good. I was going to reply with the same info.

Chapter 35 benefits = P&T.

Ron

ColoRet

Registered Member
Can someone tell me where I can find out what separation code "SEJ" on my DD Form 214 means?

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can someone tell me where I can find out what separation code "SEJ" on my DD Form 214 means?
From a DoD source: 2011 document <—-LINK
SEJDISABILITY, PERMANENT (ENHANCED)

It was odd to find that “SEJ” is not listed on several other lists I reviewed. The DoD document referenced above is from 2011.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">