IDES Process Timeline

DrewJitsu27

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I started my MEB officially on AUG 30, 2020.

At first everything was moving along somewhat smoothly. After about 3 months of waiting for the VA to schedule my appointments (calling, emailing and leaving voicemails to my PEBLO at least once a week) I luckily met a 1SG who told me to call QTC medical and in that same 20 minute phone call I had all my appointments scheduled for the next month. I finished my last QTC appointment on Dec 29th, I received a phone call in mid January about my NARSUM (the lady told me it was a courtesy call and just a quick summary of what claims got approved, which all of mine did!). After that on Feb 2, 2021 is when I received my NARSUM from my PEBLO and went over everything. I signed and submitted all the paperwork that same day as the NARSUM was very detailed and they had accepted all my claims I had put in for. I was told from my PEBLO that in about a month-to-month and a half, I'll receive my percentages from the VA and then if I don't appeal it and agree I will get my ETS date/order soon after.

Is there anyone I can call for what step I'm on now? I know the overall MEB process is drawn out but I want to know who I can call besides my PEBLO (he hardly returns emails and when I can actually reach his cell, he is very brief and doesn't answer my questions. Just sounds like he agrees with me and tells me what I want to hear to shut me up) to try to get the ball rolling again.
Is anyone in a similar situation as me?
How has the process been for you?
I checked out that MEB tracker and some of the stuff isn't as accurate as it has been, which is as I thought.

Service provided legal counsel have access to the PEB system files.

Call them and find out where you are at in the process. The only way to speed the process along is to jump in front of someone else that is waiting. On very seriopusly injured members are allowed to go to the head of the line.

I started my MEB officially on AUG 30, 2020.

At first everything was moving along somewhat smoothly. After about 3 months of waiting for the VA to schedule my appointments (calling, emailing and leaving voicemails to my PEBLO at least once a week) I luckily met a 1SG who told me to call QTC medical and in that same 20 minute phone call I had all my appointments scheduled for the next month. I finished my last QTC appointment on Dec 29th, I received a phone call in mid January about my NARSUM (the lady told me it was a courtesy call and just a quick summary of what claims got approved, which all of mine did!). After that on Feb 2, 2021 is when I received my NARSUM from my PEBLO and went over everything. I signed and submitted all the paperwork that same day as the NARSUM was very detailed and they had accepted all my claims I had put in for. I was told from my PEBLO that in about a month-to-month and a half, I'll receive my percentages from the VA and then if I don't appeal it and agree I will get my ETS date/order soon after.

Is there anyone I can call for what step I'm on now? I know the overall MEB process is drawn out but I want to know who I can call besides my PEBLO (he hardly returns emails and when I can actually reach his cell, he is very brief and doesn't answer my questions. Just sounds like he agrees with me and tells me what I want to hear to shut me up) to try to get the ball rolling again.
Is anyone in a similar situation as me?
How has the process been for you?
I checked out that MEB tracker and some of the stuff isn't as accurate as it has been, which is as I thought.
Give the VA a call and see if they have your ratings together. Your PEBLO has access to the system that tracks your case down to the person handling it at the time. That system they have access to is called ECMS I believe. EPEB is where they upload your ratings and other stuff like the 199. I got my ratings over the phone before my PEBLO even got ahold of me to let me know what they were I’m pretty sure. Like Chappie said, you can also call legal(the number they gave you in your MEB briefing) they could probably give you some info as well. As far as waiting goes...my 199 was in the “writing” stage (after they voted on me) from Dec 21 - Feb 19. It’s completed and uploaded into EPEB but my Peblo can’t give it to me until they officially send it to her inbox...it’s been sitting since Feb 19 ready for me to sign...

Give the VA a call and see if they have your ratings together. Your PEBLO has access to the system that tracks your case down to the person handling it at the time. That system they have access to is called ECMS I believe. EPEB is where they upload your ratings and other stuff like the 199. I got my ratings over the phone before my PEBLO even got ahold of me to let me know what they were I’m pretty sure. Like Chappie said, you can also call legal(the number they gave you in your MEB briefing) they could probably give you some info as well. As far as waiting goes...my 199 was in the “writing” stage (after they voted on me) from Dec 21 - Feb 19. It’s completed and uploaded into EPEB but my Peblo can’t give it to me until they officially send it to her inbox...it’s been sitting since Feb 19 ready for me to sign...
I kid you not.... after I posted this message yesterday I received a phone call to go over my proposed rating.. I hit my PEBLO up and was like "Hey I already know my ratings, so can we go over them so I can continue the process?" I understand that the PEBLO needs to receive it and then go over it with me and then I have a maximum of 10 days to appeal/agree, but I'm like hey man lets get this ball rolling again! Lol. I emailed my PEBLO twice and called but haven't got a reply so I'll just continue to bug him every week until he speaks to me. Again, I understand that he needs to receive it and go over it with me etc, but it would be nice if he actually talked to me and just gave me an update of like "I haven't received it yet or hey I have it, let's schedule a call to go over it."

I know it is different per case/person. That proposed rating you got, did that change?
I understand there is a possibility that it could change but my MSC told me mine more than likely won't change and I know that statement is just that, not in black and white "official". just curious if your proposed rating was changed?

Mine hasn’t changed
I know it is different per case/person. That proposed rating you got, did that change?
I understand there is a possibility that it could change but my MSC told me mine more than likely won't change and I know that statement is just that, not in black and white "official". just curious if your proposed rating was changed?
My ratings didn’t change from what they originally proposed. I still haven’t got my hands on an “official” 199 but the one they have is the same as what was originally given to me from what I’m being told.

Alright I literally made an account to respond to this thread since we seem to be in the exact same situation right now.
Getting in touch with my PEBLO is very hard, and when I get a response it’s via e-mail barely answering my questions.
Please explain if you could what was your process for contacting the VA without your PEBLO? Was there a specific POC within the VA you contacted?

I’ve been waiting to finalize this very long and draining MEB process. I have several opportunities awaiting me after I finish this process.
My PEBLO told me “Your case is at the VA DRAS for Ratings. It can take up to 90 days from the day you case was sent to the PEB to get your ratings and DA 199. There is back log at the PEB.”

I also asked my PEBLO if I could be doing anything ETS related while waiting. Really not hoping to wait another 90 days after my current very extended wait, but can I do things like handing in CIF, SFL-TAP prior to my DA199?

any feedback from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Feel like I’m often in the dark here. Very frustrating. Glad I found this page

Alright I literally made an account to respond to this thread since we seem to be in the exact same situation right now.
Getting in touch with my PEBLO is very hard, and when I get a response it’s via e-mail barely answering my questions.
Please explain if you could what was your process for contacting the VA without your PEBLO? Was there a specific POC within the VA you contacted?

I’ve been waiting to finalize this very long and draining MEB process. I have several opportunities awaiting me after I finish this process.
My PEBLO told me “Your case is at the VA DRAS for Ratings. It can take up to 90 days from the day you case was sent to the PEB to get your ratings and DA 199. There is back log at the PEB.”

I also asked my PEBLO if I could be doing anything ETS related while waiting. Really not hoping to wait another 90 days after my current very extended wait, but can I do things like handing in CIF, SFL-TAP prior to my DA199?

any feedback from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Feel like I’m often in the dark here. Very frustrating. Glad I found this page
Initially there was an email that your PEBLO should have sent you with a powerpoint and other documents explaining the MEB process(this was included with my initial counseling I signed when I started the process) in that powerpoint there was a slide at the end that had numbers for my local PEBLOS and for the VA rep locally. If you get on the VA website or do a google search you can get the whole VA directory of numbers. I called multiple numbers and explained that I was checking to see if I had my ratings back. You can get on the VA website and check the status of your claim as well...when the status changed to “closed” that was around the time I was able to get my ratings and they emailed me my award letter. I know you don’t want to hear this but the whole process is very long and drawn out. You’re going to get the run around a lot and people are going to give you conflicting info (at least in my case). It took about 90 days for my ratings to come back from the VA. If you check the “JBER

Now as far as CIF you just need an early turn in memo signed by the commander.
SFLTAP was pretty easy. i gave them a call and told them I was getting out medically and they scheduled classes * I did them all online which was a breeze.

You could probably call the local VA and ask them if they can put you into contact with someone. Ultimately it’s going to be playing the waiting game. There are soldiers out there who have been waiting months longer than myself but at the same time there are soldiers that started a month or two after me who’ve got their 199’s and orders cut.

Initially there was an email that your PEBLO should have sent you with a powerpoint and other documents explaining the MEB process(this was included with my initial counseling I signed when I started the process) in that powerpoint there was a slide at the end that had numbers for my local PEBLOS and for the VA rep locally. If you get on the VA website or do a google search you can get the whole VA directory of numbers. I called multiple numbers and explained that I was checking to see if I had my ratings back. You can get on the VA website and check the status of your claim as well...when the status changed to “closed” that was around the time I was able to get my ratings and they emailed me my award letter. I know you don’t want to hear this but the whole process is very long and drawn out. You’re going to get the run around a lot and people are going to give you conflicting info (at least in my case). It took about 90 days for my ratings to come back from the VA. If you check the “JBER

Now as far as CIF you just need an early turn in memo signed by the commander.
SFLTAP was pretty easy. i gave them a call and told them I was getting out medically and they scheduled classes * I did them all online which was a breeze.

You could probably call the local VA and ask them if they can put you into contact with someone. Ultimately it’s going to be playing the waiting game. There are soldiers out there who have been waiting months longer than myself but at the same time there are soldiers that started a month or two after me who’ve got their 199’s and orders cut.
My PEBLO is far from helpful. The last response I've heard from him is "Good afternoon. Your case was sent to the PEB on 1/11/21. You were found unfit by the PEB on2/11/21. Your case is at the VA DRAS for Ratings. It can take up to 90 days from the day you case was sent to the PEB to get your ratings and DA 199. There is back log at the PEB."

I followed your approach and called the VA. When I spoke to someone there they told me that everything was complete on their end, and sent me the proposed rating paperwork. So is the only thing I am waiting for the PEB to complete the DA 199?

DRAS just received my VA ratings today finally. PEBLO stated that it should take a week or so to finish my PEB. Then get my DA 199/VA Ratings emailed.
Took 7 weeks and a day from when I signed my NARSUM.

I am in the same boat as you guys, just 5 wks into my PEB, can’t get any info from VA website and I tried calling but wouldn’t connect to a live person. This the number at the VA I called +1 (800) 827-1000, does anyone have a different number to call to check on my ratings/DA199, just tired of not knowing what’s going on. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I called the VA yesterday because my .gov was showing letters had been sent out......in January. They emailed them to me. Yes. An unfit letter. That my peblo has “known about” since Jan 19th. Mines also impossible to get ahold of.
He actually called me about three weeks ago asking if I had the imr. I’m thinking “yeah mfer. You didn’t know I started doing your job?”

My case was closed with the VA yesterday. My care coordinator has access to the VA system so he told me the rating which doesn’t jive with the math we did.

IDES legal had noticed SEVERAL errors on my C&P exams that were completely inconsistent with my medical history despite having reported everything during the exam and wrote it all down on my intake forms for the appointment and in my claim. So my best guess is those errors ended up screwing me (even though I emailed them a full list of corrections with supporting documentation prior to my rating even having started)

Does anyone know how the appeals process works? As far as, I’m not appealing with new evidence or anything. Just basically need the VA to look at the records they already have and see that the C&P doc just made multiple egregious errors that contradict what my medical history shows. Is that even a full-on appeal or is that a reconsideration or a whole other process?

My case was closed with the VA yesterday. My care coordinator has access to the VA system so he told me the rating which doesn’t jive with the math we did.

IDES legal had noticed SEVERAL errors on my C&P exams that were completely inconsistent with my medical history despite having reported everything during the exam and wrote it all down on my intake forms for the appointment and in my claim. So my best guess is those errors ended up screwing me (even though I emailed them a full list of corrections with supporting documentation prior to my rating even having started)

Does anyone know how the appeals process works? As far as, I’m not appealing with new evidence or anything. Just basically need the VA to look at the records they already have and see that the C&P doc just made multiple egregious errors that contradict what my medical history shows. Is that even a full-on appeal or is that a reconsideration or a whole other process?

I’m new here. Just a long time lurker. But I think what you need to research is referred to as “varr”

DRAS just received my VA ratings today finally. PEBLO stated that it should take a week or so to finish my PEB. Then get my DA 199/VA Ratings emailed.
Took 7 weeks and a day from when I signed my NARSUM.
Def not "a week or so" as he stated lmao. He last said on April 6th that my DA199 is "in the process of being typed."
On the CMS dashboard I'm at day 21 now, average is 25 days for the PEB Findings. I hope it takes a month or sooner.
I will keep posting updates as soon as I get progress in my case, if anyone cares.

My VA rater put in new exams for me and once I was called from QTC i asked for a new doctor because the first one wasn’t accurate.

Def not "a week or so" as he stated lmao. He last said on April 6th that my DA199 is "in the process of being typed."
On the CMS dashboard I'm at day 21 now, average is 25 days for the PEB Findings. I hope it takes a month or sooner.
I will keep posting updates as soon as I get progress in my case, if anyone cares.
Just got my DA199, the PEB convened the week prior on 20210409.
PEBLO stated that I should receive a separation message in a week to 2 weeks and then my orders will come when they calculate my leave, PTDY etc.

how was you able to get your ratings before your peblo, are you able to give the number to who you talk to or someone who will know about my ratings? currenlty in the waiting phase with PEB