IDES started VA already submitted

Triks

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I have submitted my VA claim under the BDD program already because I am within 6 months of separation, but I just received an IRILO notification. Does this mean my BDD claim will be cancelled or will it be used for my MEB process? I have submitted the VA claim, but I have not done any C&P exams yet.

Also, what happens next? Basically the only thing that has happened is that I received an email stating I am IRILO and I will be placed under a code 37.

Padgettra

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I have submitted my VA claim under the BDD program already because I am within 6 months of separation, but I just received an IRILO notification. Does this mean my BDD claim will be cancelled or will it be used for my MEB process? I have submitted the VA claim, but I have not done any C&P exams yet.

Also, what happens next? Basically the only thing that has happened is that I received an email stating I am IRILO and I will be placed under a code 37.
Trinks, Have you accomplished TAPS training. It is required for active duty and Guard that were on 180 days or more orders. TAPs explained the process, yet I need not pay attention for I was not in that status. My recollection was you had a choice either to BDD and finish up on your own within a year with VA. Or, you could stay in the MEB/IPEB and get active duty pay while you wait. If you are semi happy on active duty just stay and let the process work. Best of luck to you. Ron P

Triks

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Trinks, Have you accomplished TAPS training. It is required for active duty and Guard that were on 180 days or more orders. TAPs explained the process, yet I need not pay attention for I was not in that status. My recollection was you had a choice either to BDD and finish up on your own within a year with VA. Or, you could stay in the MEB/IPEB and get active duty pay while you wait. If you are semi happy on active duty just stay and let the process work. Best of luck to you. Ron P
Thanks Ron. I have attended TAP, and I understand how I can file from 180 days. The thing is I have already filed under the early program for my VA claim and then a month later I received notice of an MEB that I was completely unaware was going to happen. I am trying to figure out if my claim I already submitted for the BDD program 180 days from separation will roll into my MEB process or does this start over? I am 5 months from DOS and already filed for VA and started out processing before getting an MEB notification.

Thanks

Padgettra

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks Ron. I have attended TAP, and I understand how I can file from 180 days. The thing is I have already filed under the early program for my VA claim and then a month later I received notice of an MEB that I was completely unaware was going to happen. I am trying to figure out if my claim I already submitted for the BDD program 180 days from separation will roll into my MEB process or does this start over? I am 5 months from DOS and already filed for VA and started out processing before getting an MEB notification.

Thanks
Triks, Glad to hear the process works as to getting the TAPs training. I had VA claims awarded in 2016 and one of the condition were not even discussed during the MEB process because it was non-service ending, yet all the others were re-looked at in the process because there might have been a nexus to the service ending condition. Not sure about which one takes priority between BDD and MEB. Thank for your service and I hope it all works out for the best. Ron P

Triks

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Triks, Glad to hear the process works as to getting the TAPs training. I had VA claims awarded in 2016 and one of the condition were not even discussed during the MEB process because it was non-service ending, yet all the others were re-looked at in the process because there might have been a nexus to the service ending condition. Not sure about which one takes priority between BDD and MEB. Thank for your service and I hope it all works out for the best. Ron P
Really appreciate it Ron, thanks for your service as well.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">