trystn613

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am going through the IDES process here on Bragg. I signed my NARSUM 13 June 2019 and it was sent up 14 June 2019.

Anyone been through the process that can tell me what to expect next and about when to expect it? Or can you share your timelines so I can get an estimate?

My wife is due 14 October 2019 and I’m kind nervous about the timeline.

My PEBLO told me that 6-9 months for the whole process would be generous...depending on appeals requested, etc.

I’m at hunter

NARSUM on 21 March
unfit letter on 26 March
still waiting for proposed ratings

According to the VA I have been in the decision stage for my proposed ratings since the first week of May. Each claim is different though but my PEBLO told me yesterday she inquired and that SeaTac is super backlogged and she has no idea when I may receive them.

I am going through the IDES process here on Bragg. I signed my NARSUM 13 June 2019 and it was sent up 14 June 2019.

Anyone been through the process that can tell me what to expect next and about when to expect it? Or can you share your timelines so I can get an estimate?

My wife is due 14 October 2019 and I’m kind nervous about the timeline.

Unfortunately any steps involving the VA takes weeks to months, any step with the services takes days to weeks.

So many variables with this question. It sounds like you are in the Pre-IDES process and not the full IDES yet.

- Do you have your commander's impact statement?
- Is your medical issue clear cut or is it going to have to take you fighting for benefits?
- Is your command team on your side or against you?
- Have you been assigned a PEBLO?
- Are you trying to get out or stay in?

If you are at the very beginning of this journey I would honestly say you are looking at AT LEAST six months based on the average timeline of everyone else.

So many variables with this question. It sounds like you are in the Pre-IDES process and not the full IDES yet.

- Is your medical issue clear cut or is it going to have to take you fighting for benefits?

If you are at the very beginning of this journey I would honestly say you are looking at AT LEAST six months based on the average timeline of everyone else.

-I have the commanders statement
-I have completed all physicals with VA
-My NARSUM is complete
-NARSUM is signed
-NARSUM is sent up
-Found unit for duty in MEB

I am have completed the MEB process and am now in the PEB process of the IDES.

My medical condition is clear cut. Command is helpful with the situation.

-My NARSUM is complete
-NARSUM is signed
-NARSUM is sent up

You have completed the C&P exams then correct? The PEB will deem you Fit/Unfit and then the VA will rate your conditions and then PEB will decide your DoD rating using the ratings advised for your PEB Unfitting conditions. PEB will take a few days to weeks, the VA will take weeks to months.

-My NARSUM is complete
-NARSUM is signed
-NARSUM is sent up

There we go. With that information, I would say you are looking at a 3-4 month window depending on any appeal you might make.

Based on a quick Google search...Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP) and Continued Health Care Benefit Program (CHCBP) may be options if you don't end up with a 30+% and therefore ineligible for TRICARE.

What happens if the Command team is against people on profiles and the MEB Board process? They are known for trying to chapter people before they can get MEB Boarded.., and delaying the Command statement having "no access to their GOV computer" for quite some time.

What happens if the Command team is against people on profiles and the MEB Board process? They are known for trying to chapter people before they can get MEB Boarded.., and delaying the Command statement having "no access to their GOV computer" for quite some time.

Right, wrong or indifferent, having your command team on your side makes the DES process exponentially easier. The commander impact statement is huge in determining fit or unfit. If your command team doesn't like you or feels you are gaming the system, there are multiple tools at their disposal to make your DES process hell. I don't agree with it, but knowing if someone is going through that helps to guide the discussion points.

What does this mean?
Wow that was fast how many claims you have number wise? And it means they are done with you ratings and it is headed back to Peb from there they give you your findings will send it back to your Peblo? Good luck

Mine went through SeaTac and it took them nearly 140 days to finish my ratings, it could be different for everyone as we all know but as some perspective I know what you are going through. HOWEVER I will say that they were very fair and thorough with my claim so be patient! some of their decisions they made based on my records and not just what the C&P examiners said they stated "although your examiner says this, your records have treatment and symptomology more concurrent with a 50% rating rather than a 30%..etc" So be patient, good things come to those who wait!

According to the VA I have been in the decision stage for my proposed ratings since the first week of May. Each claim is different though but my PEBLO told me yesterday she inquired and that SeaTac is super backlogged and she has no idea when I may receive them.

Update. Ratings came back and I had the VA fax them over to me. Looking at 80% VA rating and 20% DOD rating. Have been waiting on the 199 since June 27th. Hoping it comes soon.

Here’s myMeb

Attachments

• 08DD7914-6F3B-4A52-9047-CDD30B5E814D.jpeg
    08DD7914-6F3B-4A52-9047-CDD30B5E814D.jpeg
    8.8 MB · Views: 117
Update. Ratings came back and I had the VA fax them over to me. Looking at 80% VA rating and 20% DOD rating. Have been waiting on the 199 since June 27th. Hoping it comes soon.
I got the same ratings as you, as of last week and signed the 199. Just waiting to hit the TRANSPROC list and get the heck out of here.