IDES Timeline

dragon75_5

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This was given to me by my PEBLO. It gives a decent idea of how long it should take under the new IDES program. IDES_MEB001.jpg

That timeline is BS, do not go by that at all! That is a guidline, a recommendation... That's it! If you go by that you only get yourself worked up into a frenzy for no reason if your stuff doesn't go by that timeline. PEBLOs are not held responsible for that timeline, no one is, it is not a regulation, it is not a letter of instruction...

Don't know where y'all but that is the DOD timeline and both DOD and DVA are doing what they can do get to the 295 goal. PEBLO'a and others that are not meeting OTSG standards are being placed on PIP's, counselings etc and it is being driven from the TOP. Out installation was on track to eet that in January until the PEB and DRAS got so choked up that they are driving our timelins through the roof. An example the PEB has two weeks to make the fit/unfit call they are taking upwards of 6-8 weeks just for that call.

Exactly as I stated above bigfig! ;)

I had my packet sent off to the PEB (about four months after the MEB timeline had lapsed, but to my knowledge mental health related MEBs take longer), and it was adjudicated within two weeks. I've been waiting now about a month for the VA to render their rating, have a job interview next week, and would ideally like to give them a start date. Hopefully before December I'll be out.

I agree with Grizz, that is just a "proposed" timeline. It definitely can be much longer for some and much shorter for others. For instance, it took me 4 1/2 months just to review my NARSUM and now they are in the process of writing up my IPR. I was referred to the MEB 19 MAR 12-VA exams completed on 30 MAY 12 and it is 21 SEP 12 and my NARSUM still hasn't been reviewed and signed. Talk about off schedule.....

I agree with Grizz, that is just a "proposed" timeline. It definitely can be much longer for some and much shorter for others. For instance, it took me 4 1/2 months just to review my NARSUM and now they are in the process of writing up my IPR. I was referred to the MEB 19 MAR 12-VA exams completed on 30 MAY 12 and it is 21 SEP 12 and my NARSUM still hasn't been reviewed and signed. Talk about off schedule.....

Looks like it might be time for some Congressional intervention for your situation. Completion of the NARSUM should take no more than 15 days from the time your PCM receives the C&P exam results from the VA. The Med group and PEBLOS are held to timelines to get everything complete and pushed out (although we all know how well they tend to shack the timelines:rolleyes:). My C&P's were done May/June and my package went to PEB early July, PEB has sent unfit memo to VA for ratings (where it is now) on Sept 6...and my conditions are "complex" as they phrased....absolutely no reason why your package isn't farther down the line than mine! Again, I would raise the bs flag if I were you. Good luck!

Usafaviator,
Thanks. I actually had the MEB counsel complete an IPR request and I meet with another MEB physican on Monday for review. I have heard from several people, including yourself, to start a Congressional because my timeline is ridiculous just to receive a NARSUM. I will keep you all posted and thanks so much for the feedback!

If you just threaten them with a Congressional, they should speed things up.

There is also the Ombudsman program. The one we have is effective. Then again the program is only is as good as the people in it (the ombudsman that is).

As Jason Perry (the site owner and administrator) has said on many threads here, be wary about filing Congressional inquiries. In many cases they may be detrimental to your timelines because everything happening with your case at the time comes to a screeching halt so that the agency currently holding your packet can answer the Congress person's office. It is quite possible then when it is returned into the process, it would be placed at the back of the line at the stage it was at, causing a slow down in the process (unless that was your goal anyway).