IDES Timeline

JoeNavy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello all,
I found this site several months ago and wanted to post on my timeline now that I am in the IDES. I don't know what to expect exactly for time remaining as the estimates are all over the place. The PEBLO tells me 4-6 months from this point is reasonable for an UNFIT finding. Things have seemed to move pretty quickly up to this point. DC and Providence RI are where the boards are I believe? Northeast, Navy.

NOV 21 - LIMDU (Behavioral Health)
MAR 2 - MEB initiated
MAR 3 - Met VA MSC
MAR 21 - C&P Complete
APR 18 - Signed NARSUM
APR 19 - Submitted to PEB

Right now the Ebenefits says est. completion 7/20/2017-10/29/2017 (Preparation for decision)
Vets.gov says Evidence gathering, review and decision est. completion 10/29/2017.

Sounds like you are in exactly the same boat as me. My PEBLO drug her feet with the beginning of the process but my package was received by the board this week. From what i've read and been told the board can take up to 60 days before passing it to the VA. The VA can take up to 60 days before passing it back to your PEBLO. At that point you would have your fit/unfit designation, ratings and either sign or appeal. Even though they have 60 days each i'm told the board should be about 30 depending on backlog and the VA is usually really fast and around 7-14 days.

Hope this helps.

Any word? @JoeNavy Mine was submitted 2 days before you. I just got off the phone and they said mine was with the senior chairman of the board. Whatever that means. They said it should be done this week. I accepted a job and they need me yesterday lol. Hopefully the VA is rolling along when they receive it.

No word @BoomYak

They may restart the whole process because I had to have surgery?? I'm still waiting on any word. It seems like the days are especially long. I check email. Vets ebenefits.

I've been told the local area is taking up to 8 weeks to return ratings.

@BoomYak who did you talk to that said it was with the senior chairman of the board?

@JoeNavy . My peblo. He said that they just changed over officers at the board. They had 400+ cases pending in DC. They said they are trying to get thru 200. So just in a holding pattern. Let's keep this thread going. I wish the Navy had a tracking system that was accurate as well. Also, it would be nice to get home awaiting orders once found unfit, because that would only make sense.

Post any updates you guys get.

Ok well that is more info than I've gotten from my PEBLO. Good luck to you. I'm waiting like everyone else.

@JoeNavy . My peblo. He said that they just changed over officers at the board. They had 400+ cases pending in DC. They said they are trying to get thru 200. So just in a holding pattern. Let's keep this thread going. I wish the Navy had a tracking system that was accurate as well. Also, it would be nice to get home awaiting orders once found unfit, because that would only make sense.

Post any updates you guys get.
That is very troubling to hear. From talking to my PEBLO she said my case was finally forwarded to the board a week or so ago if she is being truthful. I was thinking my time was drawing to a close but hearing there is that big of a backlog I'm not holding my breath.

@fred801 You might have made it. I never know what to believe anymore.lol. I'm sure if she said that, she prob is right. keep us up to date. This process is so ridiculous.

I've been at this for 11 months now and finally I'm only waiting for my official retirement message to come back so I can bounce, but from my experience so far, PEBLO's don't know shit. They submit your packages and can tell you after x amount of months that you have been found unfit and that's it. If you want more legit answers on your cases, talk to the disability lawyers at whatever MTF you are using to do through this process. They can give you a more accurate assessment on where your case is at.

My Ebenefits / vets.gov estimated completion changed to 07/01/2017-09/30/2017

Not sure if this means anything just an observation.

My Ebenefits / vets.gov estimated completion changed to 07/01/2017-09/30/2017

Not sure if this means anything just an observation.
My date has changed 3 times with no indication why. As stated earlier it would be really great to be informed of all information as it changes. That seems like a lot to ask though...

At least mine keeps moving to the left!

Ha! I'm still at dec 2018. So, I did call the Peb number today and basically the same info that the peblo had given me. The guy told me I was basically high enough in the que to find out something today. Called back later in the day (I was bored) and the civilian guy got really snappy with me lol. Oh well, all I wanted to know if I was unfit or not or if my stuff got forwarded to the VA. So ridiculous, I want to buy a house back home, but won't until I find that out.

It seems like the Navy cares and tracks every other aspect of everything except this ha.. and I get it, they have tons of cases. But at the end of the day, people going through this are most likely messed up and should get processed faster. They have absolutely no use for us, for the most part. It's clearly a broken system, they should have to at least meet the projected deadlines. 15 days for a PEB? Hahaha. Yea right.

What is the va number to call?

(202) 685-6419. Ha call at you're own risk. You peblo and disability attorney get a weekly update from the PEB. So I would start there.

I really think it is frowned upon calling. The guy was NOT friendly.

Update: So apparently my stuff is now at the VA. Guess that means unfit from all the reading here. I would really love to see how some cases move through so fast and others don't. Guess it's luck of the draw. Anyone else have anything? My ebenfits still says development letter sent and they are requesting more info since Jan. But my MSC is out till the end of the month.

How did you know it went to the VA?

I found out the are letting mine continue to process. That's about it.

@BoomYak Did you find out anything yet?