IDES Timeline

thanks ya'll. Hopefully everything works out for all. Keep the updates coming. Lol.. it will continue to drive us all crazy.

@PEBMember2017 nothing. Was told it could be 2-3 more months a few weeks ago.
I am supposed to get no cost tad orders to move with the family in July so that will help with the waiting anxiety.

Any word? @JoeNavy Mine was submitted 2 days before you. I just got off the phone and they said mine was with the senior chairman of the board. Whatever that means. They said it should be done this week. I accepted a job and they need me yesterday lol. Hopefully the VA is rolling along when they receive it.
when you say "senior chairman" do you mean of the PEB? who did you call to get a status on that?

It's remarkable the amount of miscommunication there is - the VA on one hand says a decision is imminent but the PEBLO says there could still be months left in the process. It's frustrating beyond belief. The only relief I have is seeing some quick turnarounds here but unfortunately it's becoming apparent that these may be exceptions to the rule.

It's remarkable the amount of miscommunication there is - the VA on one hand says a decision is imminent but the PEBLO says there could still be months left in the process. It's frustrating beyond belief. The only relief I have is seeing some quick turnarounds here but unfortunately it's becoming apparent that these may be exceptions to the rule.

You have to remember, that there are a lot of domino steps in all of this.

For me, the VA did their part, and then pushed it back to AFPC for them to do their part, then it went to the PEBLO to do her part. The problem with this is e-benefits only reflects the VA portion.

It would be great if there was more visibility, but honestly, if they had to make a choice between processing 1,000 files a day or processing 500 and updating the status on 500, I'd rather them just churn the 1K files. ((all made up numbers by the way for example purposes))

@jahlon im speaking primarily
on VA. When you call the 1 800, it's astounding the night and day difference each person has on the concept/understanding of IDES vs classical cases.
None seem familiar with the fact that proposed ratings are supposed to be done with the respective member still in service. The fact that they can't locate these IDES cases in the system
Is worrying and an unnecessary stressor to people who are having difficulty functioning day to day active duty. This process needs a serious overhaul.

@jahlon im speaking primarily
on VA. When you call the 1 800, it's astounding the night and day difference each person has on the concept/understanding of IDES vs classical cases.
None seem familiar with the fact that proposed ratings are supposed to be done with the respective member still in service. The fact that they can't locate these IDES cases in the system
Is worrying and an unnecessary stressor to people who are having difficulty functioning day to day active duty. This process needs a serious overhaul.

Oh I totally agree.

The system is drastically broken. I can't understand how something can be so broken and not collapse on itself.

Update: my case has been at the VA for 30 days and it's taking them about a month according to medical boards (peblo). It then goes to Peb which is also taking about a month to get findings back.

Update: my case has been at the VA for 30 days and it's taking them about a month according to medical boards (peblo). It then goes to Peb which is also taking about a month to get findings back.

That's what I'm hearing. I'm roughly on day 27/28. So any day now ? For ratings, that is. @JoeNavy whats your Ebenefits looking like? My dates changed now to several months out even though I've been at Pending Decision Approval for months. I wish the differing agencies could get on the same page with this. It'd alleviate some serious anxieties.

East coast. Dc peb and providence va are locations I believe.

Ebenefits still says pending decision approval. Est. Completion moved to right a few weeks to middle of October.

Vets.gov says review of evidence I believe with range of july to mid October.

Last edited:
@JoeNavy same exact thing happened in my Ebenefits. Same date - mid Oct. Let's keep track closely as I think our cases might be beside each other or very near in terms of timelines.

Well the PEB portion would be based on your service, so that's harsh you guys have a 30 day turn time for the Navy.

I imagine that 30 days would have to be your regional office. What regional office are you out of? Everything for me is out of Saint Louis although I'm at Scott AFB.

My stuff went to the VA on 17 May.
On 26 May the Proposed Rating was competed.
on 30 May the Evidence Intake Center out of Georgia typed up their letter
on 31 May the Air Force signed my AF Form 356

On 2 Jun my PEBLO called me to process everything.

Also, providence told me my case ratings were imminent.

Well the PEB portion would be based on your service, so that's harsh you guys have a 30 day turn time for the Navy.

I imagine that 30 days would have to be your regional office. What regional office are you out of? Everything for me is out of Saint Louis although I'm at Scott AFB.

Yea my PEBLO said to give PEB 30 day turnaround - however timelines for other cases are 2 weeks roughly. I wish I knew what made this so variable. Doesn't seem to have much to do with case order or location, or maybe it does. Lol who knows

@JoeNavy i read elsewhere also that date fluctuations in Ebenefits means they ARE working your case so...you have that going for you.

My PEBLO said expect 30-60 days at PEB, 30-60 days at VA, then she has 5 days to get me the paperwork, get signed and either accept or reject ratings. I know that once it left the PEB that i should have been informed of my fit/unfit rating (which I asked her and she didn't know).

My C&P exams were back in Feb and I haven't heard jack shit since that point. Ebenefits has said pending decision approval since that day. I gave up and assume when it's all said and done she will call me. I'm tired of banging my head into a wall trying to keep informed of the process.

My PEBLO said expect 30-60 days at PEB, 30-60 days at VA, then she has 5 days to get me the paperwork, get signed and either accept or reject ratings. I know that once it left the PEB that i should have been informed of my fit/unfit rating (which I asked her and she didn't know).

My C&P exams were back in Feb and I haven't heard jack shit since that point. Ebenefits has said pending decision approval since that day. I gave up and assume when it's all said and done she will call me. I'm tired of banging my head into a wall trying to keep informed of the process.

My C&P exams were done in March and then silence. Had to call for weeks before finding out the case was UNFIT and sent to ratings. Although I did receive the desired outcome, it's frustrating to not know where exactly in the process I'm at - until I researched this forum and got some answers. However, the difference in input about timelines from my MTF PEBLO(s), the VA, and folks on this board is troublesome and unfortunate. Given that the military has track/timelines for everything else, it's amazing that when a service member gets to a
Medical separation stage in their career, they're left in the dark.