IDES Timeline

@PEBMember2017 Good news. I've heard some people getting ratings from the VA but not sure that is standard practice. Knowing it's done must be somewhat of a relief.
@JoeNavy and @PEBMember2017 So, I called the VA number early this morning and I was informed that I should have received a copy of my proposed decision from the VA. When I informed the person that I had in fact not received one, he printed it our and was mailing it to me this morning. He printed it while I was on the phone and it will be coming from Pennsylvania. He said I should have it within the next few days. I asked what it will identify and he said in summation, "it will show you what the VA proposed back to the PEB for your ratings on each individual item and give you a total proposed rating percentage from the VA only." Key to remember this is only "PROPOSED."

So, I should receive my document by the end of this week or first part of next week. The way that I am going to use this is, I will be able to see ahead of time what the VA recommended as my proposed ratings. If I see any discrepancies, then I can start preparing my decision for when I get my 199.

It will show me everything I need, minus the PED Decision. But it should give me an idea of my VA and DOD Pension. I know we are all in a hurry to get out after the service says you are no longer medically fit to stay in. Just remember this.... This is your life you are talking about. If the ratings are correct and you are comfortable, go for it. Sign your 199 and get your orders and move on. However, if you get your 199 and it doesn't seem right, then talk to legal and see what your options are. If they recommend fighting for more, then do so.

This board will only happen this season in your life. It will never take place again. Get from the military what they owe you. You fought hard and long for them and your injuries were caused by the military whether through war, simulated war, training, etc. It is your right. Own it and go home happy, not in a hurry.

Okay, so went on a rant... but the information is true, you can get a copy from the VA if its already passed that point. Just call them at the 1800 number. Have a blessed day.

@PEBMember2017, I have been in the PEB Findings stage since 23 May. So, roughly 36 days now. I am in the Army and stationed in Hawaii, so I would assume west coast. I hope this helps.
Hawaii is at a stalemate my friend. Everything is longer and longer. 67 days since I signed my 199, no TRANSPOC list.

I was going to add that yes, West Coast seems deadlocked from what I understand. Navy and Airforce are 2-4 weeks East Coast. Hiccups happen during holidays also it seems and it takes another week or so for cases to push over those humps.

@JoeNavy @BoomYak im now waiting to sign my 199 and pick my out date. Any indication how long this final part of the process takes? @BoomYak seems to have gotten his in a few days. I've seen others at 7-9 days. I'm trying to pick a 30 day discharge date from signing...

Hawaii is at a stalemate my friend. Everything is longer and longer. 67 days since I signed my 199, no TRANSPOC list.
That is absolutely crazy. I wonder what is truly the hold up? You can't tell me that its because they are backed up due to the system outage that happened months ago. Either way, I know one thing for sure and that is that this whole system is getting more and more ridiculous. Thank you for the update and I wish you all good luck in your attempt to transition.

@JoeNavy @BoomYak im now waiting to sign my 199 and pick my out date. Any indication how long this final part of the process takes? @BoomYak seems to have gotten his in a few days. I've seen others at 7-9 days. I'm trying to pick a 30 day discharge date from signing...

I'm still waiting on findings. No changes to vets.gov or ebenefits recently.

I'm still waiting on findings. No changes to vets.gov or ebenefits recently.
@JoeNavy Have you found out what your percentages are from the VA yet? What does it say on vets.gov or ebenefits? If you are not sure, you can call the 1800 number for the VA and ask them what the status of your claim is. They will let you know if it is still with them, if it needs some paperwork from you, or if they sent it back to the PEB. If they have sent it back to the PEB already, they can fax you a copy of your proposed ratings or mail them to you. I recommend fax. There is a website called faxburner. They will give you a temporary fax number that you can have the VA use. The fax from the VA will be sent directly to your email. It takes roughly 30 minutes and you can know exactly what your status is. At least with the VA.

I hope this helps. I know my dashboard said it was with the VA and then one day it corrected and showed it had been completed about two weeks earlier. Take care.

@JoeNavy I got my findings June 22 and signed a few days later. Orders should be coming in the next week or two. Don't get too discouraged, cases are coming through fast for East coast; call your PEBLO after the holiday and see if she can ping the VA or PEB for you. My PEBLO told me they'd contact PERS personally if I didn't have my orders by mid-month.

@JoeNavy Have you found out what your percentages are from the VA yet? What does it say on vets.gov or ebenefits? If you are not sure, you can call the 1800 number for the VA and ask them what the status of your claim is. They will let you know if it is still with them, if it needs some paperwork from you, or if they sent it back to the PEB. If they have sent it back to the PEB already, they can fax you a copy of your proposed ratings or mail them to you. I recommend fax. There is a website called faxburner. They will give you a temporary fax number that you can have the VA use. The fax from the VA will be sent directly to your email. It takes roughly 30 minutes and you can know exactly what your status is. At least with the VA.

I hope this helps. I know my dashboard said it was with the VA and then one day it corrected and showed it had been completed about two weeks earlier. Take care.

Thanks for the info. Ill call va later this week.

Ebenefits says pending decision approval and dates have changed to 10/09/2017 - 01/05/2018

Va said they have proposed a rating but it needs to be approved and it could change so they aren't telling me. So now I just wait some more.

Last edited:
Ebenefits says pending decision approval and dates have changed to 10/09/2017 - 01/05/2018

Va said they have proposed a rating but it needs to be approved and it could change so they aren't telling me. So now I just wait some more.
Mine has done the exact same thing today! PEB accepted May 11th. Ebenefits status changed today to PDA and dates are 10/09/2017 - 01/05/2018

Mine has done the exact same thing today! PEB accepted May 11th. Ebenefits status changed today to PDA and dates are 10/09/2017 - 01/05/2018

Same here. You navy east coast?

Marine east coast (lejeune)

Your probably sitting on the desk next to mine. Va has to approve then send to peb. PEB approves and sends to peblo. As read above once the va approves we can possibly get their ratings faxed to us.

Question.... Does your dashboard still you are on the VA rating step? If it does, then they wont tell you anything until they send it back to the PEB. The date you see they send it back to the PEB and you move into the PEB Findings stage. Then they will be able to send you a copy of the proposal letter. It is understood that it is a proposal and there are factors that could change, such as you getting into trouble. However, they will NOT tell you over the phone. I tried to get them to tell me as well, with no luck. However, they did mail me and email me a copy of my proposal after it had been approved by the VA and sent back to the PEB. Sorry for the confusion.

Your probably sitting on the desk next to mine. Va has to approve then send to peb. PEB approves and sends to peblo. As read above once the va approves we can possibly get their ratings faxed to us.
I get the impression that they do them in groups. Maybe that wait until they have a certain amount of packages before they send them.

Vet.gov says the claim is closed. VA won't fax me anything unitl the 10 business days has passed and I have not received my packet in the mail. Ebenefits still says pending decision approval.

Vet.gov says the claim is closed. VA won't fax me anything unitl the 10 business days has passed and I have not received my packet in the mail. Ebenefits still says pending decision approval.
Mine is the same and I have a historical claim on ebenefits