IDES TIMELINE

twilli1313

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good afternoon everyone,

New to the site and want to say thank you in advance for any and all responses. I've been reading through some of the threads to see general timelines but I understand there are a myriad of factors that affect an individual's timeline. I was referred to the Army MEB process at Fort Hood on 1 March 2019 (approximately). I just completed my three C&P Exams on April 26th (one of the three) and May 8th (two of the three) and I am now waiting to hear back from my PEBLO regarding C&P notes. It seemed like they went well but still anxious to see what the physician actually typed/clicked. How does the process work from here and how long can I generally expect the VA to take? Also, how long before I receive a notice as to whether I am found fit/unfit by the MEB/PEB? I apologize, I just have so many questions and not a ton of guidance from my PEBLO.

I will give you a bit of background on me that may assist you in your response. In May of 2018 I was involved in head on collision while on active duty orders. I have remained on active duty orders since that time (traditionally National Guard) for the recovery process and now the transition process. The guy that hit me (he was at fault) for whatever reason robbed me of my life and career in an instant. I broke my right wrist, both bones in my left arm, and both bones in my left leg. A couple of surgeries later and almost a year of recovery/therapy, here I am. I suffer from a list of conditions that are secondary to the broken bones (listed below). The service connection portion of my claim is not in question. However, I worry that I didn't go to enough doctor's appointments or mental health visits to support my claims. I lied to my physicians and therapists for the first 9 months because the only thing I had left after my accident in my mind was my military career (ironic that I won't have it anymore) so I didn't want to give them ammunition to give me the boot and medically discharge me. Unfortunately, I was naive to think I had a say in it. I would conveniently omit information like an accurate pain level each day and was not forthcoming of the mental health issues I was constantly dealing with. Now I have been playing catch up with appointments in order to get some medical documentation for all of these issues. Does anyone have any experience with the same situation? One in which you was not completely honest (would soldier up) in order to stay in but was referred to the MEB anyways? Sorry for the long post! I have listed all of my claimed conditions below and thank you again for reading/responding!
  • left distal unlar & radius fractures s/p ORIF w residuals (New)
  • right distal radius fracture s/p ORIF (New)
  • left tiba / fibula fracture s/p IM ORIF of tibia w residuals (New)
  • adjustment disorder (New)
  • insomnia (New)
  • headaches (New)
  • right ankle condition (New)
  • left ankle condition (New)
  • left knee condition (New)
  • low back condition (New)
  • right shoulder condition (New)
  • scaring condition (New)
  • tinnitus (New)

I think it's different per branch I'm Marine corps and I finished and signed my PEB package by Feb 26th and currently still waiting on findings, I think army is faster though