IDES Timeline

What number are you guys calling for QTC. I had my general physical on the 23rd of last month and still nothing. I did have my audio and mental health back though.
1 (800) 682-9701.

I had to call a few times. I also had 3 exams; at first they told me 2 of them were still waiting for the providers’ signatures, but later said they were all sent to the VA. I reached out to my MSC a few weeks later, who said they were still waiting for the exams. A final call to QTC seemed to do the trick; the exams were apparently stuck at their QA dept for over a month.

What number are you guys calling for QTC. I had my general physical on the 23rd of last month and still nothing. I did have my audio and mental health back though.
Just google search qtc Tacoma, their number will pop up and if you call the receptionist will pick up and she can help you

I called. Had my general physical on the 23rd of last month. I was informed they were waiting for an X-ray to come back from an outside provider. Contacted my VA rep to follow up with the provider as QTC said that it wasn't their job which doesn't make sense.

Locate the place where you had your xray done, call them and ask them if they sent up the xray or what’s the hold up

QTC wouldn't tell me what provider they had sent it to. Maybe I'll try calling again and getting the info out of somebody.

Received a call from my VA rep today and he said my general physical report is with VA QA. Hopefully not much longer.

Just finished my last qtc exam on nov 29th, still haven’t got Anything sense then, I started the MEB process in February of 2020 and can’t believe people who started after me finished way before me . Can someone explain this? Why it takes some people longer than others?

I called QTC within a few days of submitting my claimed conditions to my VA Rep and they were able to schedule C&P exams for me. I'm assuming that if I had waited for them to contact me I'd still be waiting on the C&P exams. Also, I chose to go to providers far away from my duty station (70+ miles) so that also helped. As of today my exam reports have been released to the VA by QTC. I'm hoping to have my NARSUM in the next 2-3 weeks.

I called QTC within a few days of submitting my claimed conditions to my VA Rep and they were able to schedule C&P exams for me. I'm assuming that if I had waited for them to contact me I'd still be waiting on the C&P exams. Also, I chose to go to providers far away from my duty station (70+ miles) so that also helped. As of today my exam reports have been released to the VA by QTC. I'm hoping to have my NARSUM in the next 2-3 weeks.
Same here. Being willing to go farther will expedite the process. I'm at Fort Hood and my C&P exams were in Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.

NARSUM received. 7 unfit conditions, 9 conditions that meet retention criteria. Everything looks in order with the NARSUM and legal said that I should be at 100% VA even with conservative percentages. My C&P exams report was ridiculously sloppy and did not add up when compared to my med records but legal definitely helped me calm down a bit. I'll continue posting updates as time passes.

Anybody in the PEB phase have any insight as to what the current timeline is or what the reasoning is for the apparent backlog? I'm hearing 2-3 months but not sure how accurate that is. For a fairly simple process that is supposed to take two weeks, I cannot comprehend why it would take this long.

Anybody in the PEB phase have any insight as to what the current timeline is or what the reasoning is for the apparent backlog? I'm hearing 2-3 months but not sure how accurate that is. For a fairly simple process that is supposed to take two weeks, I cannot comprehend why it would take this long.
Been waiting on the PEB since Nov 18th.

Been waiting on the PEB since Nov 18th.
I understand your frustrations on waiting so long because you would like to move on. I on the other hand want the process to crawl or die out.....LOL My PEBLO informed me that my exams are back and she needs character statements and my letter before she can submit my packet to the PEB. If you are Air Force this may be to my benefit as I plan to appeal every step of the process unless of course found fit for duty. I’m so close to the finish line. Less than 2 yrs to go and my leave balance is only growing. Last I checked it was up to around 95 or 97 days. I have missed 0 days of work since my event that set this crappy wheel in motion. Is your packet at the IPEB and you have heard nothing?

I understand your frustrations on waiting so long because you would like to move on. I on the other hand want the process to crawl or die out.....LOL My PEBLO informed me that my exams are back and she needs character statements and my letter before she can submit my packet to the PEB. If you are Air Force this may be to my benefit as I plan to appeal every step of the process unless of course found fit for duty. I’m so close to the finish line. Less than 2 yrs to go and my leave balance is only growing. Last I checked it was up to around 95 or 97 days. I have missed 0 days of work since my event that set this crappy wheel in motion. Is your packet at the IPEB and you have heard nothing?
I initially wanted it to crawl because I wasn't at 15 years. At 15 I'm eligible for TERA. Thankfully my board was deferred for further testing and I hit 15 years in July. So, I completely understand your concerns and methods for delay. Now, I am extremely impatient lol. I am grateful for the delay but damn...lets get this thing rolling. I'm USMC. My package was sent Nov 18th, IPEB accepted my case Dec 17th and my PEBLO, nor I have heard anything. I had my VA ratings before the package was mailed so hopefully that'll take away some delay.

You and me both, I started the process in mid-January and I've been stuck on the PEB since October 1st. Maybe it's our duty stations?
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but as someone who used to be involved with putting IDES cases together, there are many factors in getting an MEB done. One of the biggest ones that I used to experience was just waiting on a signature (CA usually). Keep in mind they need to review it, so it shouldn't necessarily just take them 5 minutes once they receive it, so your particular conditions will come into play.

My PEBLO informed me that Air Force cases have been taking about 3 weeks. I really hope that’s not accurate. I will be put out before I get to 20 if that’s the case.
lol, I hope yours doesn't take that long either. It was submitted right before all the major holidays so you'll have to take that into consideration.

Just looked at the CMS dashboard and noticed that my IPEB and VA ratings were completed on the 17th. What's the timeline/steps after that for anyone that's a step or two ahead of me? Should I be expecting my 199 anytime soon? Not sure what sub steps need to be completed beyond the steps on CMS. Any help would be great!