script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

IDES Timeline

eringregoire

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My SEL told me recently that once the PEB makes its decision, PERS technically has 30 days to process your separation orders. Hopefully they don't actually take that long to cut your orders, but 30 days is the guideline they go by.

I mean at this point, what's another month added onto the process, right guys?

giphy-downsized-large.gif
So based off of this then, if you have completed all of your exit counseling, medical exams, etc. the Navy has 30 days to cut you orders after PEB decision is released? Or is it tentative?

tech9314

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So there's that. I guessed this was happening.

View attachment 6969
Well that makes me nervous...

A while back, I noticed on MNA that my deployability category had switched and said "IDES - PEB ACCEPTED" and about two days ago I noticed it is saying "FULLY DEPLOYABLE" again. I'm really hoping that I'm just overthinking this small detail and that it doesn't mean they finished my case with a "fit" finding.... I only say this because my case is relatively 'easy'.

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So there's that. I guessed this was happening.
Interesting. My case is pretty straightforward musculoskeletal so hopefully that means I'm an "easy" case. I'd imagine it's the mental health ones that are more complicated.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Same, my back is compromised and I can't do Marine stuff so hope it comes back soon. I'll hit the 100 club in Thursday.
I’m at 168 days today lol I can’t do anything but laugh at this point.

JoeUSMC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone on here received a response from an IG complaint or from their congressional representative? If so, would you be willing to share them with me after redacting personal information? I've been speaking with a lawyer that has some contacts he believes can help put pressure on the PEB to improve their processes. He said it would be very helpful if we could provide responses to IG complaints and congressional representatives showing the PEB is being dismissive by saying they will get to cases in the order they were received.

easternstew

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm somewhere between 160-170 days in PEB, not exactly sure. Peblo just said my case has been with medical officer "Greater than" 60 days. This is ridiculous. Is it really just a single doctor doing this along with some random SWOs or something? Unreal.

spagooseti

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
133 at the PEB, who knows how many with the med officer because my peblo won’t give me that information

Vk777

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Long time coming. 146 days in PEB hopefully I get my day soon. Glad the monkeys off your back and now you can focus on the next chapter of this thing we call life!

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm somewhere between 160-170 days in PEB, not exactly sure. Peblo just said my case has been with medical officer "Greater than" 60 days. This is ridiculous. Is it really just a single doctor doing this along with some random SWOs or something? Unreal.
I know I bitch about this a lot on here but I don't understand why there needs to be a medical officer in the PEB process at all. That's what the MEB is for. You only get to the PEB after a doctor states that you are unfit.

The PEB should be there to just rubber stamp the majority of decisions and assign DoD ratings based on the proposed VA ratings. There's no reason to dig into each case after the MEB has been completed unless the servicemember wants to stay in or something.

Forum_member

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I know I bitch about this a lot on here but I don't understand why there needs to be a medical officer in the PEB process at all. That's what the MEB is for. You only get to the PEB after a doctor states that you are unfit.

The PEB should be there to just rubber stamp the majority of decisions and assign DoD ratings based on the proposed VA ratings. There's no reason to dig into each case after the MEB has been completed unless the servicemember wants to stay in or something.
I would love to be a fly on the wall of the PEB office for a week. I just assume they waste a lot of time but I am curious to know what they do for 8 hours each day.

Tyler

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I need a lot more than a hug lol. If I can’t start my job by first week of December Theyre giving it to someone else.
I already had to turn down an offer from Boeing because of this POS process called IDES. They wanted me to start in December as well but after seeing people have their cases at the board for 140+ days there was no way I could fill the spot in December when I'm at 106 days.

JoeUSMC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I already had to turn down an offer from Boeing because of this POS process called IDES. They wanted me to start in December as well but after seeing people have their cases at the board for 140+ days there was no way I could fill the spot in December when I'm at 106 days.
Really sorry to hear you had to turn down a job offer. I've had to do that a few times too. I did get a bit lucky though and one company allowed me to accept a job offer without a start date after I explained to them the situation with the PEB. They check in with me once a week to see if I've heard anything from the board and continue to be understanding of the situation and enthusiastic about my yet to be determined start date with the company. Perhaps Boeing or other potential employers would be willing to do the same for you if they were aware of your situation.