IDES Timeline

I sent my case jun 30 to peb. So she should be able to tell me if they found me fit or unfit right? Because you already know
Yes I believe your PEBLO should have got some information by now. because I signed my NARSUM in July 20th so even if my PEBLO sent that to PEB on same day I got mine PEB unfit decision in next three weeks. So ask her if there is any update on that. Hopefully you will hear something positive.

I have seen them. My provider got PCSed and cancelled my appointments because they said I was supposed to have already been out of the Marine Corps by now. It’s a 30-45 day wait just to be seen by them right now where I am.
You should request to be seen by an in network civilian provider. Literally the same exact thing happened to me (AD Navy), but the Adult Mental Health at NMCP referred me out to a civilian provider. Currently see civilians for counselling, medication management, pain management, and OT. I highly recommend it. A month and a half wait is entirely unacceptable.

You should request to be seen by an in network civilian provider. Literally the same exact thing happened to me (AD Navy), but the Adult Mental Health at NMCP referred me out to a civilian provider. Currently see civilians for counselling, medication management, pain management, and OT. I highly recommend it. A month and a half wait is entirely unacceptable.

I didn’t even know that you could get referred off for mental health. I’m going to try to do that. I’d much rather work with civilians off base.

Yes I believe your PEBLO should have got some information by now. because I signed my NARSUM in July 20th so even if my PEBLO sent that to PEB on same day I got mine PEB unfit decision in next three weeks. So ask her if there is any update on that. Hopefully you will hear something positive.
Hi there, just out of curiosity, are you Army NG or another branch? Navy and Marine Corps are taking over 4 months for fit/unfit, so if you're a different branch your timeline will be drastically different than ours. For example my package was received by the PEB 10 May and I have no fit/unfit findings, and probably have weeks before I will.

Hi there, just out of curiosity, are you Army NG or another branch? Navy and Marine Corps are taking over 4 months for fit/unfit, so if you're a different branch your timeline will be drastically different than ours. For example my package was received by the PEB 10 May and I have no fit/unfit findings, and probably have weeks before I will.
You have fit or unfit already in the system you just have to ask your peblo you don’t get all you’re paperwork back until a later date

You have fit or unfit already in the system you just have to ask your peblo you don’t get all you’re paperwork back until a later date
Are you talking about the MEB findings? Because the PEB can still find you fit or unfit for military service.

The VA doesn’t give a fit/unfit, only the DOD does that. You can be rated 100% by the VA and still found fit by the DOD.
This reply is to add on to your comment not refute it.

I have seen it where people think that the VA having a proposed rating means that they have been found unfit. But the VA will start going through the claim as soon as the exams are done and make a proposal for the board.

People can also see a closed claim on the website and not realize that it is actually an admin thing so that they can send those ratings to the board.

Do there is a lot of confusion with these steps and people tend to use words interchangeably, which just adds to the confusion.

Not to mention everyone's case is different. And that just adds to the confusion.

I'm just starting this process. Who would the community recommend to get best advice. I'm a Navy Reserve Corpsman who was hit by a car while on Active Duty training. It happened at Camp lejeune.

My original Line of Duty Injury Form was signed by Broke Army Medical Center. But my NOSC San Antonio never forwarded the form to BUMED. I was eventually pcs to NOSC Pensacola Florida.

8 months later both NOSC are still arguing who's supposed to be signed the LOD. My civilian provider has been trying to get tricare to pay for my shoulder surgery.

But with no LOD on file, no surgery authorization. Last month my nosc pensacola started the reserve Medical Board process. If the MRR finds me unfit/not retain. I still have to appeal to the AD PEB process.

I need all the help the community can provide?

I didn’t even know that you could get referred off for mental health. I’m going to try to do that. I’d much rather work with civilians off base.
I am not sure on the Marines process, but if you are LIMDU for mental health and/ or going through a MEDBOARD in the Navy you are assigned a PCaT Rep (Psychiatry Continuity and Transition) also known as a care coordinator. They are able to give advice on pursuing care, as well as ensure your command is adhering to limitations set on you. They allowed counselling to be referred out because the system was so backed up and then medication because my referring provider PCSed and they could not find a replacement in a reasonable amount of time.

I am not sure on the Marines process, but if you are LIMDU for mental health and/ or going through a MEDBOARD in the Navy you are assigned a PCaT Rep (Psychiatry Continuity and Transition) also known as a care coordinator. They are able to give advice on pursuing care, as well as ensure your command is adhering to limitations set on you. They allowed counselling to be referred out because the system was so backed up and then medication because my referring provider PCSed and they could not find a replacement in a reasonable amount of time.
Wow—that’s awesome! I’ve never heard of that (USMC) but would think Navy/Marines would have the same process. Weird.
When I PCSd from Japan on orders stating specifically I was moving because of a med board, there was no continuity of care. It took me months to get an appointment when I got back to the states—I was pissed. Blew my mind that the service was ok with that.

This is the rough timeline
June 18, 2021 : VA exam completed
July 20th Narsum signed
Aug 23 : The PEB found me "unfit" and has forward the case to the disability rating activity site (DRAS) for a rating decision.
Sep 7: VA closed my case, and website says they sent me the decision letter. I should be getting something in 2 weeks. I can see the rating in ebenifits and I am satisfied with the VA increased ratings. Lets see what PEB decides, hopefully accepts VAs rating.
Now as per my PEBLO From 23 August, this phase on average takes 90-120 days to complete. Once the VA completes its part, they will send my VA Decision Letter to me. The VA will also send the ratings back to the PEB for completion of my Informal PEB Proceedings (DA Form 199). Upon receipt of my informal PEB findings, I will be contacted.

So, I dont know what to make of this. I hope I dont have to wait for another 120 days.
I don't think you've been found unfit already when people from April haven't gotten their results yet. The medical officer is who decides fit vs unfit. The Navy PEB doesn't determine ratings per se which is why they use the VA ratings. They base it off what the VA says. So here's what the timeline is, MEB narsum is sent back, it goes to the PEB, The PEB process your kit to make sure they have all they need. Then it goes into the que. it will wait for a medical officer to review it and assign a fit vs Unfit determination. If they find you Unfit they will send a request to the VA for their rating. The VA sends back and the Board will determine if they want to keep the VA or be more conservative. Then it'll go to a secondary officer who "approves" it. Then it'll go through post Adjudication QA and then you get your findings back. The picture below is a snippet of the paper you'll get back on your findings. As you can see nothing happened on my case until AUG 25th. I submitted April 19th. If you've already been found unfit by a medical officer you somehow skipped thousands of cases.

Attachments

• medboard.JPG
    medboard.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 43
I don't think you've been found unfit already when people from April haven't gotten their results yet. The medical officer is who decides fit vs unfit. The Navy PEB doesn't determine ratings per se which is why they use the VA ratings. They base it off what the VA says. So here's what the timeline is, MEB narsum is sent back, it goes to the PEB, The PEB process your kit to make sure they have all they need. Then it goes into the que. it will wait for a medical officer to review it and assign a fit vs Unfit determination. If they find you Unfit they will send a request to the VA for their rating. The VA sends back and the Board will determine if they want to keep the VA or be more conservative. Then it'll go to a secondary officer who "approves" it. Then it'll go through post Adjudication QA and then you get your findings back. The picture below is a snippet of the paper you'll get back on your findings. As you can see nothing happened on my case until AUG 25th. I submitted April 19th. If you've already been found unfit by a medical officer you somehow skipped thousands of cases.
What happens if you are found fit?

How do they determine if someone is fit or not isn’t it by your condition and rate? My career counselor said all they people she has seen them found fit was placed on permanent shore duty