IDES Timeline

Saw a June 11 case come back just now on FB. With the bulk of May cases seeming like they’re done, maybe this is the push into June that we need.

The RGV but I'll be relocating to San Antonio on my own
Oh nice, that's exactly where I'll be. Moved the family down to Converse over the summer thinking I would be following right behind them. Only a few more weeks to go now...

i wouldnt be able to walk in there without going to the er man off a panic attack ive tried inpatient and outpatient and yeah my anxiety was something else in all even though i really tried in the programs...
Just from your posts and direct messages on here, I think you should really try to get some help with your mental health. I know it's tough to push through the anxiety in order to talk to someone, but if your mental health is as bad as you've described it on here then you really should not be going through it alone. Please talk to a mental health professional.

Hi everyone, was anyone’s else C/P exam extremely short for PTSD? Around ten minutes, are we able to see what they input at all?

Hi everyone, was anyone’s else C/P exam extremely short for PTSD? Around ten minutes, are we able to see what they input at all?
As far as the length of the appointment mine was not short. It's really as short as you make it. The more you talk about what's bothering you and how it affects you the longer it will take...but that is obvious. You will be able to view their recommendations via the TRICARE Online website. You can review all your C&P exams under the "documents" section in your health record

Yeah I think this shrink was trash, that’s ok I’ll legal up if they want to play bs.
I am fairly convinced there is some under the table incentive from the VA to the contracted clinics to downplay severity of claims/rate low. The C&P Psych I had initially said that my 2 referring conditions weren't rate-able, as they weren't applicable to me. The free attorney the IDES office gave you should file a rebuttal on your behalf when you talk with them after the exam results are viewable. Basically it boiled it down to in fun legal talk "3+ mental health professionals were involved in the diagnosis of his conditions over weeks of observation time, and you're saying all of them were wrong and he's totally fine after a 30 minute assessment?"

I am fairly convinced there is some under the table incentive from the VA to the contracted clinics to downplay severity of claims/rate low. The C&P Psych I had initially said that my 2 referring conditions weren't rate-able, as they weren't applicable to me. The free attorney the IDES office gave you should file a rebuttal on your behalf when you talk with them after the exam results are viewable. Basically it boiled it down to in fun legal talk "3+ mental health professionals were involved in the diagnosis of his conditions over weeks of observation time, and you're saying all of them were wrong and he's totally fine after a 30 minute assessment?"
i whole heartedly believe this, except my lawyer said i couldn’t fight the va because it would look bad on me, so i just have to fight it when i’m out

My c&p was short as well i think i felt like i was in there for 10 minutes or less but im not good with telling time. the examiner checked this box for my conditions
(TOTAL OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL IMPAIRMENT)
and then he stated this in his statement
This is the case of a 32 year old veteran of the Navy who who has served 6 years and is going through a medical board process for Major Depressive Disorder with psychotic features. He was recently hospitalized for suicide ideation. He is now suffering from symptoms consistent with Major Depressive Disorder, severe with psychotic features. It is at least as likely as not that his current symptoms which include, depression, anxiety, suspiciousness, anhedonia, nightmares, irritability, social withdrawal, auditory hallucinations, impaired judgement, panic attacks, concentration deficits/memory loss, and sleep disturbance consistent with Major Depressive Disorder with psychotic features which incurred in his inservice experiences. It is unlikely that the claimant has the ability to engage in the necessary and expected social interactions required in seeking and maintaining gainful employment. Based on this evaluation and a review of records the claimant will struggle in areas consistent with employment and is 1. UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE, REMEMBER, AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. 2. UNABLE TO USE JUDGMENT, SHOW INSIGHT, AND THINK ABSTRACTLY. 3. UNABLE TO CONCENTRATE, INTERACT WITH COWORKERS AND/OR CUSTOMERS (I.E. ARE THEY IRRITABLE AT WORK ETC...) 4. UNABLE TO ADAPT TO CHANGES OR STRESS, DEMANDS AT WORK. 5. UNABLE TO WORK IN PUBLIC OR IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE/CUBICLE; and 6. UNABLE TO WORK IN A LOOSELY SUPERVISED SITUATION, REQUIRING LITTLE INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC EXAMINER

Yeah I expressed this to my msc, and she said the va will encompass my health Records. Which I have over 3 years of dealing with the ptsd on record but the anxiety that the majority of my claim will be discounted had me extremely upset to put it mildly.

My c&p was short as well i think i felt like i was in there for 10 minutes or less but im not good with telling time. the examiner checked this box for my conditions
(TOTAL OCCUPATIONAL AND SOCIAL IMPAIRMENT)
and then he stated this in his statement
This is the case of a 32 year old veteran of the Navy who who has served 6 years and is going through a medical board process for Major Depressive Disorder with psychotic features. He was recently hospitalized for suicide ideation. He is now suffering from symptoms consistent with Major Depressive Disorder, severe with psychotic features. It is at least as likely as not that his current symptoms which include, depression, anxiety, suspiciousness, anhedonia, nightmares, irritability, social withdrawal, auditory hallucinations, impaired judgement, panic attacks, concentration deficits/memory loss, and sleep disturbance consistent with Major Depressive Disorder with psychotic features which incurred in his inservice experiences. It is unlikely that the claimant has the ability to engage in the necessary and expected social interactions required in seeking and maintaining gainful employment. Based on this evaluation and a review of records the claimant will struggle in areas consistent with employment and is 1. UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE, REMEMBER, AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. 2. UNABLE TO USE JUDGMENT, SHOW INSIGHT, AND THINK ABSTRACTLY. 3. UNABLE TO CONCENTRATE, INTERACT WITH COWORKERS AND/OR CUSTOMERS (I.E. ARE THEY IRRITABLE AT WORK ETC...) 4. UNABLE TO ADAPT TO CHANGES OR STRESS, DEMANDS AT WORK. 5. UNABLE TO WORK IN PUBLIC OR IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE/CUBICLE; and 6. UNABLE TO WORK IN A LOOSELY SUPERVISED SITUATION, REQUIRING LITTLE INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC EXAMINER
I’m sorry you are going through the bad stuff.

Well the good news is that sounds like at least the 70% rating for mental health, but more likely 100%.

On my exam I remember they noted that I was not seeking mental health treatment though, so I’m not sure if that counts against you

Well the good news is that sounds like at least the 70% rating for mental health, but more likely 100%.

On my exam I remember they noted that I was not seeking mental health treatment though, so I’m not sure if that counts against you
during the time of this exam which was i think march i was going through all treatments my psychologist passed about a month ago or so im still with my psychiatrsit for medication management