IDES Timeline

Could I ask my attorney how long my case has been at the MO for. I don’t feel like asking my peblo he sucks and doesn’t help anyone. I sent mine up July 27 and am hoping to be home early February

Pffttt screw convo leave. Lol so did you just not say anything and had the surgery anyways?
my lawyer and my command knew and i knew i had months till my board was done so having surgery had zero impact on the board since i was already up in DC and out of my hands.

my lawyer and my command knew and i knew i had months till my board was done so having surgery had zero impact on the board since i was already up in DC and out of my hands.
I don’t see the issue in having a surgery if it’s needed. Why is it such a big deal?

I don’t see the issue in having a surgery if it’s needed. Why is it such a big deal?
it isnt, this entire board process is because of your health. get it done while you are still in and not when you get out have to have to deal with a new doctor and stuff. im glad i did, im taking care of me. you said its a short recovery and with the holidays coming up its likely your board wont come back till after christmas anyway so why not get it done?

This was as of mid October…
Damn, you got my hopes up there. I'm at 145 with the medical officer now. I check my emails way too often and jump at every phone call.

To all of you who have only recently started their PEB journey, my best advice, is ignore your PEBLO and doctor's estimates of how long it takes if they are only giving you a short (less that 120 day) timeline. I entered the PEB on Jun 2nd. At the time my therapist said I'd be out by the end of August and my PEBLO said I'd have an answer by the end of September. They were very wrong on their estimates and my mental health has suffered because of it.

With 8,000 cases (according to my PEBLO) in the PEB now, I would be hesitant to expect an answer sooner than 180 days from when you entered the PEB. If they do speed up, and I really hope they do, celebrate that fact. But, as someone who is now over 180 days with the PEB, don't believe the low estimates. Take advantage of anything you can to distract yourself. Knock out some college classes, a Skillbridge or an OWF program. If you aren't seeing mental health and this process stresses you out, take advantage of free health care and go see a therapist. Once you are a patient with behavioral health, ask your provider if they can give you a referral to recreational therapy. The program is great if your command sucks because the appointments are medical appointments, but you get to do fun activities and sports.

I hope this helps some of you because I had to learn a lot of this along the way. Good luck!